• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New job, no training

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
First to start this off, man, has it been a heck of a week for me and the night crew. First we find out that the night crew is split into two groups, one off-loads the truck, the rest stock the merchadise. Before, it was an all in team effort. Then to add more hurt to the team, upper managerment decides that I have to move to receiving or take a pay cut (HR didn't like the fact that a Grade 5 employee is working a Grade 2 position). And the night crew is below minimum staff.

So secondly, I move to damage and defective to be trained on ASAP (our item order program), and the person who was suppose to train just ups and QUITS!!!!! I got maybe 5~15 minutes worth of training, just enough to know how to write off items to be destroyed. So now I'm left with a hefty load of merchadise to be either returned to the vendors for credit back, to be written off, or to be checked to be resold. I have no list on what items to be directed where. At the least today, I got a new PC and my account setup to start somewhere. Plus they confirmed the vendors list for tomorrow, so maybe I will have some direction to go in. What I don't like about this new job is that no one in the store knows what to do. I have to learn the job from stratch. Mission 1 for this job is to get rid of all the merchadise in the cages so I can at least walk without tripping over the stuff.

All in all, I keep my pay and grade. Got more hours, might go full time since this is a store critical area position. And I get to destroy TV's, PCs, and any other high dollar item that is returned to the store for whatever reason the customer brought it back for.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Congrats on the new possition! It'll suck at first, not knowing what you're doing and not having any guidance. In the long run though, it could really open some doors for you. I won't speculate as to where you work, but a friend of mine started out at walmart picking up crap that people put back wherever they decided they didn't need it anymore. He's now the district loss prevention manager (something to that effect) he goes around from store to store in his district catching thieving employees and customers. He's the only person i know making 6 figures at walmart....

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I don't how much of a door that this new position will open up. But I do know all the troubles will be rolling downhill towards me. :annoyed:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that sounds like my job when i first start last december. i got 1 days worth of training and half of what i was told that day was wrong. to this day, my supervisor will come up and say why are you doing so and so? b/c that's how i was trained or i was never shown how to do that. it's really annoying, at least she understands it's not due to me being incompetent.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I at least have some hope. The vendors have been stopping by and giving me a hand on what needs to be written off and what can be written off. Right now, I got about 5 or 6 iMacs sitting in the cage for Return Aurthization. BUT, anything over 30 days needs to be written off. I could go through the loops and try to get those taken care of or just be done with them and destroy them. Either way, stuff is piling up and I need to get to work finding a solution.

My first policy: If it is of low value and physically broken or expired, I'm writting it off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals