• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Daily Build

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys! So, I haven't been apart of a forum in a long time, since my F-150 8 years ago. So, I decided to join up after checking out some posts.

Long story short: I own a company and we have a lot of trucks. My personal truck is a 2016 F-350. That being said, it's a dually and I put A LOT of miles on it, around 50k since May 2019. So, I decided to take my 2011 Ranger and make it my own instead of just the shop truck it is. It BARELY get's used around the shop, so, I figured why not make it another daily for myself. I mainly do site checks, check on job status, run to suppliers, and move equipment. I love my big truck, but I've always had a soft spot for Rangers.

The truck: A BONE stock 2011, 2.3, Auto, 2WD. Should make a GREAT run around truck for me. But, as much as I can appreciate a stock truck....I hate driving one. My dually is loaded, so my wallet has stopped me from doing anything to it, lol. But, this Ranger has a lot of room for some upgrades. As I work on it I'll be sure to ad some pics. For now, here's a pic of it from this past spring and a pic of my dually! I know both my parents had Rangers at some point, I'll try to find a couple pics and post those too.

Thanks for looking!

20200320_135304247_iOS.jpg
20191116_021143977_iOS.jpg

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Hello and welcome.
Nice way to start a project, a "plain Jane". You don't have to un-do the previous owners mods.
Mine started off like yours and now sits as in the second photo. Lots of good info and advice on the site.

Attachments

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello and welcome.
Nice way to start a project, a "plain Jane". You don't have to un-do the previous owners mods.
Mine started off like yours and now sits as in the second photo. Lots of good info and advice on the site.
Awesome! That's cool, great to make it your own from scratch

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Well, got some things ordered. First was replace the windshield, it was shattered, so that too.

Ordered up:

1) Decent set of seat covers. I cleaned the interior well from the guys using it, so want to keep it that way.

2 Weather Techs. Vinyl floor is nice but thin, so want to protect it

3) Bed Cover. I have a Truxedo Low Pro on my dually, but got the Truxport for the Ranger

4) Rear bumper. One of the guys was rear ended over the summer so the right side of the bumper is folded in and indented the bed under the tail light. Bumper looks the worst though, so a new one was in order.

5) Cup holders. The factory ones that mount to the seat. Not sure what happened to them, but they are gone. Lol.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/321247558321?ul_noapp=true

Now just waiting for them to come in.

Next up:
1) Audio
2) Tint
3) Remote Start (For those cold mornings)
4) Wheels and Tires
5) Fog Lights

I'll be sure to snag some pics as I get everything installed. My wife thinks I'm nuts! Haha

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I think you should undercoat it with fluid film if you are going to drive it in the winter up there. Try to protect it from the chemicals they put on the road. Hopefully it's not too late.

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I think you should undercoat it with fluid film if you are going to drive it in the winter up there. Try to protect it from the chemicals they put on the road. Hopefully it's not too late.
It's funny you say that, we actually just ordered a bunch of Fluid Film Black for all of our trucks. This truck was in Arizona from 14 to 18, so it's only seen a couple winters and it has barely been driven during it as well due to being a shop truck so we always would take a 4x4 if it was snowing. Has surface rust though. So it will be getting sprayed for sure.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
If you can get away with using bar and chain oil works much better than fluid film and doesn't stink as much. Some of my former techs would fluid film their vehicles in the shop on week ends and the place reeked on Monday.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
This guy does a thorough job of testing lots of stuff on his you tube channel, including underbody protection fluids in this link.

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This guy does a thorough job of testing lots of stuff on his you tube channel, including underbody protection fluids in this link.

I like his videos. We've had really good results with Fluid Film. We have used it as a rust preventer on our equipment for years now.

crstog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Got my cover and new bumper put on, unfortunately still have the little love tap. Might fix it eventually
1887DF33-81EC-467A-93BD-7AFF381CAC15.jpeg

I also had it into the dealer yesterday for the airbag recall I forgot about.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals