• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Battery Sounds dead

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
my new( new to me) bronco II sounds like it has a dead battery everytime i start it. it will start just sounds like its about to die. i replaced the battery and terminal clamps still does the same thing. any answers on what may be wrong is my starter going out?

:bawling:

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Check all your connections, grounds, and if it's even the right size battery. And have your alternator checkout at an autozone, it's free and do your starter too if all else fails.

Good luck, andrew

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
thanks

thanks man i live in fairbanks AK there is no auto zone just frozen i guess i checked a voltage drop across the ground side a lil high resistance so i cleaned a lil off but i will do more when its not negative 10 out i dont have a garage:icon_thumby:

AaronC47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
battery,,, starter,,,

First off, Find an Auto parts store and get brushes for your starter. I would suggest pulling your starter out, take it in the house where its warmer. Open the starter up, (The long bolts), there will be a build up of road grit and grime in there. Have a can of spray parts cleaner, a roll of the blue paper towells, and a place to do this where the female (wife, girlfriend, sister, or mom, etc.) wont freak out. After you get the interior of the starter all cleaned out, work on replacing the brushes, and use a piece of very light emory cloth or sandpaper and clean the armature until its nice and purtty and shines again. then put it all back together. reinstall it and start it up.
:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First off, Find an Auto parts store and get brushes for your starter. I would suggest pulling your starter out, take it in the house where its warmer. Open the starter up, (The long bolts), there will be a build up of road grit and grime in there. Have a can of spray parts cleaner, a roll of the blue paper towells, and a place to do this where the female (wife, girlfriend, sister, or mom, etc.) wont freak out. After you get the interior of the starter all cleaned out, work on replacing the brushes, and use a piece of very light emory cloth or sandpaper and clean the armature until its nice and purtty and shines again. then put it all back together. reinstall it and start it up.
:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:
Good plan surprising how cheap it is compared to a starter.Check the bushings out on each end for looseness too cheap to replace also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals