• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new B2 owner

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Yea it is running on a fixed advance or in limp mode on the computer more than likely 10 degrees btdc it wont have much for power on the upper end. If you can find a late 70s pinto or mustang II with the 2.8 you can use that dizzy and ignition module. Pretty simple to set up those little engines are hard to break I couldnt even guess how many times mine overheated and I changed the oil regular when the pressure dropped I would add some more. I did change the plugs right before winter and for giggles put a oil filter in. Valve guide seals, duraspark, non feedback carb once I worked out the bugs It has been almost two years and it still starts right up and can put it right into gear without stalling.

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Well once the initial burn in is done, I'd like to entertain the idea of lifting it, bigger tires, shorter gears, the usual. I'm a dirt cheap kinda guy, but I usually come across stuff I can work with. I've been reading about using exploder springs. I am thinking I can get all four corners relatively cheap from the local junkyards. Tips, tricks, or advice regarding these crazy thoughts.

For the record, unconventional isn't uncommon for me. I abhor paying someone else to do work that I can do. Just because I've never done it before doesn't mean it can't be done. Can't always swing that way, but that's the way I roll 98% of the time(statistics are made up on the spot).

Last edited:

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
On a slightly more foolish side of things, I'm curious as to the strength of the little 2.8L. In particular, how boost friendly is it? Reason being, I have a (H)eaton M112 and intercooler system sitting in my garage, looking for a home. It was supposed to go on the t-bird, but I'm not sure I'll ever get that done due to the deteriorating condition of the vehicle.

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
At long last. It has made the journey home. Was a little sketchy, but now I get to go through it, inside and out. I'm sure a large part of it is that it hasn't been driven for just shy of a decade.

Sorry for the craptastic picture quality. I run a cheap phone with a crap camera. I will eventually get better pictures up with a normal camera.

Much thanks to Ruffinit for the help!

Attachments

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
The lovely mouse infested interior has been cleaned up a little. I have to remove the carpet and everything else to discern how many holes I have in the floors. There are a couple in the "bed", and around the drain plug for the rear seat, rust has become a problem. Also, at least on the passenger side, where the body mounts to the frame, the body has started to rust through. I managed to stick my knife through the hole into the carpet from underneath.

I'd like to think that this is something that could be fixed with relative ease. I'd rather not find a new body to set on it, but I will if I have to.

(Suggestions are gladly accepted)

Last edited:

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you plan on just having something the runs well, and doesn't have to look the best, you've got it. The carb and computer is what put an end to my 84 B2... If I had the time and know how to duraspark it, I would still be driving it today... How i miss my little blue monster.........

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Zombie thread!

So after about a year of nothing, I've finally gotten back to work on this little monster.

I've managed to gut the interior in search of floor mounted ventilation holes, of which I've found a few. I need to drop the trans out of it to check out the clutch as I suspect it's smoked. Fuel tank let go as it sat in my garage for a year, so i get to replace that. All in all, it's going to be fun.

As an afterthought. The wiring has been largely demolished. If anyone has rewired one of these to omit pretty much everything except the necesary components to keep it running on the road, I'd like to know. I'm durasparking it, so I think that means I can ditch the computer and most of the wiring for it, but I'd like to know what all I should keep.

Last edited:

mylittleblackbird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Pontiac
Engine Size
4.6L 3.8L 2.8L
Seats are out, carpet is out. I'm amazed that I didn't fall through the bottom when I was driving it home. The floor pan on the drivers side is rusted to hell and back. I can easily see the walnut shells perched atop the transfer case. The body mount that goes under your feet in the footwell is all that is there to hold your feet up. She's a true Flintstone mobile. I guess I'll be getting a floorpan from LMC. Not sure what I'm going to do about where the seat used to mount to the floor. Two of the bolts ripped out of the floor as well as a sizable amount of metal.

Good times!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals