• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Xsturmin8or

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2500
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the warm welcome to your community!
I live in LA - someone gave me a 1999 B2500 Mazda pickup which is throwing codes and running rough when cold. This looks like a great forum to borrow brains from as I attempt to bring it up to pass next springs' smog test. :cool:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

Good page to bookmark here: https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.shtml

Mazda B-series(1994 to 2009) was electrically and mechanically the same by year with Ford Ranger

Ford OBD2 code list here: https://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/OBD-II_codes.shtml

Codes don't always mean what "they say", i.e. Lean code does NOT mean the engine is/was running lean

And its best to first look up a code on a full list, like above, because every sensor or control will have 4 or MORE codes the computer can use, each meaning something slightly different, so the codes the computer does not use can mean as much or more that the code it did use

Xsturmin8or

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2500
Transmission
Manual
Thank you! Those links are just what I need :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals