• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Never buying a vehicle from gm.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks to some of the worst dealing i've undergone, i will no longer do business with capital gm in regina, or any other gm dealership as long as i can.
I'll explain my frustration.
throught this week i have been taking time out of my busy day to try and buy a new (used) truck. i found one i liked at a gm dealership near me (capital gm) and decided that i liked the truck. (2004 f150 crew cab 4.6 4wd) and being my first (financed) truck i was willing to accept the price (they were asking 9,999 cad + tax and doc fee) and i agreed to 10,000 tax and fees included.
before i was going to buy i insisted on putting the truck through an inspection with my family mechanic (pro certified) and they gave me a short but sweet list of necessary repairs, totalling aprx 2000, plus tires(not needed but suggested)
after the inspection i dropped the truck off and the person i had originally spoken with was not in that day and another employee asked if i was ready to talk numbers, i said no, im going to speak with jazz (the woman who i already had dealings with)
he said that was fine and i dropped off the keys at the front desk, where i asked for a note to be givin to jazz saying i was going to call her the next day(yesterday)
she said she would do that and when i came to see her and give her my down payment and arrange the financing etc etc, another sales rep greets me and says "im sorry but the truck has sold"
im kinda shocked and i just left
talked to my dad for a minute and hes like
ya effin right, we're goin back there.
so we go back and talk to them (more like yell at them) until they agree to refund my 66 dollars and i made it clear i will not be returning and everyone i know will hear this story because it is just one more reason to not deal with gm.
so now im done ranting, let me know what you think and if you've had a similair experience.
and i forgot to mention they never called me to ask if i was still interested or anything and im very diguisted!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Silly that you would even want to buy a FORD from a GM dealer.
Sorry ya got screwed!

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man sorry about that :( sounds like a bum Deal. Since GM sold out to the Government (Ok they didnt sell out ALL but ALOT) along with Chrystler I will not buy another car from them. I like my Chevys I have had in the past but If I buy a car it will not be from them, new or used. I have had good luck and good times with my RBVs in the past So I will most likely be sticking to them. Hope you find another good truck and that they treat you right man.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like an issue with the individual dealer and not GM necessarily

Did you put a down payment down to hold the truck? If yes, that's an issue. If no, the sales person at least owed you the courtesy of calling and stating there was another interested party.

Last edited:

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Not trying to defend GM or anything, but a dealer is screwing you over isn't GM's fault. There are crappy GM dealers, crappy Ford dealers, crappy Subaru dealers, crappy Honda dealers....etc. Just because one dealer is bad doesn't automatically mean every GM dealer in the country is like that.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Similar thing happened to me.
Ain't greed a bitch!

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree its not GMs fault for the dealerships actions. But I have my own reasens for nor buying from GM. I have been attempted to be screwed by a ford dealership, how ever cought them at there own game and problubly drove away a few customers that day too.

wvfarmboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
03 ranger 4.0
Make / Model
99 ranger 3.0
Transmission
Manual
yes but what you dont get will never bother you remember that goood luck on your search for a truck

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Something similar happened to a buddy of mine. He use to own a Chevy Malibu and traded it in for a brand new Chevy Tahoe. There is a 3-day agreement return policy for trade-ins. On the third day, he decided he did not like the Tahoe and went to get his old ride back. The dealer sold his car on the 2nd day of the agreement. He was quite TO'd about it, even got a lawyer. The dealer and him came to some conclusion and got a rebate for his new Tahoe. But after a few months of driving it, having mechanical problems, sucking fuel, and not to his likings. He traded it in for a brand new Hyndai Santa Fe. And just to let you folks know, that Tahoe had every option expect 4wd. Leather, power everything, auto climate, nav system, Bose system, heated seats, all the bells and whistles.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Use craigslist or autotrader and buy from a private party- the stealerships (all of them) will rip you everytime...

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
this happened to me over craigslist.....i had been talking to this guy all week about a little pickup i was all excited to see and i was gonna see it on sat. cause i had to drive 3 hours to look. Well he TEXTED me friday night saying the truck was sold and sorry. What a douche.....i had a few kind texts for him and needless to say i'm glad cause i got my ranger i have now...everything happens for a reason!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
this happened to me over craigslist.....i had been talking to this guy all week about a little pickup i was all excited to see and i was gonna see it on sat. cause i had to drive 3 hours to look. Well he TEXTED me friday night saying the truck was sold and sorry. What a douche.....i had a few kind texts for him and needless to say i'm glad cause i got my ranger i have now...everything happens for a reason!
Ha! Funny you mention that. I was going to buy a front axle for my truck with a locker in it from a guy on a different forum. Messaged back and forth where we were going to meet ect. and at 1am got a text from him basically telling me he wasn't going to meet me because the axle was still under his truck and it wasn't a priority to him. Shitty thing is, he has it FOR SALE in a thread with a whole bunch of other shit and I messaged him a week before we agreed to meet. The other thing that got me was he told me to message him if I was serious about buying it. He obviously wasn't serious about buying it.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Silly that you would even want to buy a FORD from a GM dealer.
Sorry ya got screwed!
ya but when ford wants 5 grand more for the same truck im inclind to favor the buyin at gm

ya i've had my fair share of ball busters dealing private but i was just disappointed with the dealership.
and i already hated gm but damn that was a good deal

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont do dealerships...period

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals