• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Needing 4.0 Supercharger Info

hillbilly sporttrac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
92' 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just curious if anyone can post a list of rigs that came with the m90? Years would be helpful as well. I'm pretty sure that my rig could handle a little FORCED induction, but then everyone's could!

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Bonneville, Grand Prix, ThunderBird

-PlumCrazy

monsterchuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volkswagen
Engine Size
Compression-ignition
Transmission
Manual
Late 80's/early 90's Thunderbirds I think, 1995 to 2006? Buicks, Pontiacs.

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone!

I stumbled across this kit while looking for a way to put my Eaton M90 on our newly-acquired Sport Trac.

http://modd.me/product/4-0l-sohc-v6-eaton-m90-supercharger-kit-setup-no-02/
so
It's on sale right now . . . Too bad I can't afford it. :sad:
Thanks for the interest. We noticed a few hits on our site from this location... glad to see there is interest on the TRS!

Moddbox would like to do some exclusive TRS giveaways and promotions!

Kit Photo:

For now, we are waiting to hear back from Jim Oaks before we go ahead with anything. We hope we can become part of the TRS community by bringing lots more exciting new products for the ranger, sport trac, and explorer!

Last edited:

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
SWEET!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the interest. We noticed a few hits on our site from this location... glad to see there is interest on the TRS!

Moddbox would like to do some exclusive TRS giveaways and promotions!

For now, we are waiting to hear back from Jim Oaks before we go ahead with anything. We hope we can become part of the TRS community by bringing lots more exciting new products for the ranger, sport trac, and explorer!
That would be an excellent way of generating interest in the Moddbox product. Count me in!

:icon_bounceblue:

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for your enthusiasm. We are pretty excited about it too! And your responses are much appreciated after the vigorous testing, engineering and development we've endured over the past 14 months.

The Moddbox supercharger kit has been designed to be 100% bolt-on so we can deliver quality CNC parts at fair price (usually alot more cost to programming, changing injectors, pump, etc to non-bolt on kits)... and generating 50 hp and 51 lbft with the stock cpu and injectors is pretty respectable. And for those of you who like to push the limits... it has been designed to be fully up-gradable (the fuel pump in the kit is good till ~475hp). As you increase the boost beyond the vehicle's bolt-on arrangement (requiring injectors and cpu upgrade), it is setup for an intercooler, methanol injection, boost module, intake manifold temperature sensor, and much more. We have 5.5 and 8.0 psi pulleys available with more products coming available in the near future... and we're always open to suggestions!

PS.. since we are a Canadian company... no tax for US customers :)

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Having done all of the engineering and modifying for my own supercharger project, it's nice to find a pre-engineered kit that anyone with basic mechanical skill can bolt on over the course of a single weekend. While I've not personally seen an installation of a Moddbox kit, knowing how much work is involved in forced induction, my enthusiasm is well-placed.

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
@anupaum
Do you have a post on your setup? I'd be interested to have a look :) I always like to see all the custom setups...

Regarding you having not seeing a moddbox build... I will have to post it on here. Maybe even later today. Until then... you can see it here:
http://modd.me/4-0l-v6-cologne-supercharger-kit-install/

Also... here is a link about the part design.
http://modd.me/modd-design-process/

Note: The part design link doesn't cover any of the engineering or testing that was involved [structural analysis (bolt specs, materials, interference fits, static and dynamic stresses), fluid dynamics (air flow, fuel flow, cavitation, pump spec, injector size optimization), thermodynamics (regarding the ideal gas compression/shear, heat flux, intercooler design, methanol injection).. and much more]

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
@anupaum
Do you have a post on your setup? I'd be interested to have a look :) I always like to see all the custom setups...
I sent you a photo when I first contacted you for info.

Regarding you having not seeing a moddbox build... I will have to post it on here. Maybe even later today. Until then... you can see it here:
http://modd.me/4-0l-v6-cologne-supercharger-kit-install/

Also... here is a link about the part design.
http://modd.me/modd-design-process/

Note: The part design link doesn't cover any of the engineering or testing that was involved [structural analysis (bolt specs, materials, interference fits, static and dynamic stresses), fluid dynamics (air flow, fuel flow, cavitation, pump spec, injector size optimization), thermodynamics (regarding the ideal gas compression/shear, heat flux, intercooler design, methanol injection).. and much more]
Yes, the engineering is impressive. That's why I first posted your link here. I'm hoping that other enthusiasts will support you.

:icon_thumby:

moddbox

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
@Robert.

Thats awesome! I have seen your Ranger :)

scarface

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals