Vehicle Year
97 4.0 OHV 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
another option is an m90 out of an 95-97 jaguar xjr, may be other years not sure. shorter snout if that helps you. this is basically what i have, but i have yet to install it. i don't have factory a/c, so i'm trying to find a way to intercool with this setup. they are usually a bit more money.
$_577.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_5777.jpg

RavoHimself

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I just installed my moddbox supercharger. i put it in my build thread in my signiture. relatively easy install. possibly my only suggestion on the kit would be to angle the intake tube on the manifold more so you dont have to bend it around the oil fill and get an extension. other than that i'm extremely pleased with this bolt on kit!

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I have a pair of Eaton M90's sitting here, one out of an '89 Cougar and the other?, I've always thought an M62 off of a GM would be a better match for the 4.0OHV, but I can see underdriving the M90...

Though I'll warn people to be "Nice" to the M5OD-R1 as I have already snapped an output shaft off of one without a supercharger...

PlumCrazy

Schotty Fab & Offroad
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
^The BBK setup uses an M62. It has one of the smallest pulleys available and hardly makes 5 psi. The IATs are less than steller with the little fella working so hard.

Sent from XT907 using Crapatalk

92RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Vortech.

1992 Ford ranger xlt 4.0l ohv
With current pulley seeing 3lbs boost!
Runs great! The piping in picture is just mock up... Waiting for proper peices!
Stock injectors stock maf
Vortech v1 s-trim
Vortech 12:1 fmu
eBay bov
Aem wideband
Digital boost gauge
255 walbro pump
Spec stage 2 clutch!
No check engine, pulls hard, no tune!
Only thing is I'm surging a little at idle, and running really rich at idle!
Driving is great tho!

Attachments

Last edited:

92RangerDanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Air filter, maf, charger, No bov ....
Runs likes shit.

Air filter, Maf , charger , bov then throttle body. ...
Runs Good but rich at idle and not smooth at low rpm driving!

Airfilter, charger, bov, Maf just before throttle body ...
Runs amazing, not as rich at idle and very smooth driving at all rpm, air/fuel good!

No tune, pulls hard, runs great.
I have 317,000km

Now running 5lbs boost.

Attachments

Last edited:

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
My 94 Ranger ( 2wd/ext cab/4.0 ohv/5 speed/ Zexel Torsen diff/275-40-17 BFG kdws's ) received a Vortech supercharger kit back in the day, I currently have over 385,000 miles on this truck & have only replaced 2 thermostats & replaced the clutch & serpentine belt tensioner. this truck has never been babied ( I kept a spare 4.0 from an 5.0 conversion/ just in case I blew it up/ I knew Ford warranty would never cover the repair ) From memory there was no issue with the install ( our shop was a Vortech distributor ) I had installed a few kits by then ( Mustang/Corvette & 1 on a Ferrari 308 [ it kept blowing up it's Paxton ] }. Best suggestion was using high quality lines for the oil feed & drain & on the drain side to the pan use lots of grease on the bit to drill the hole in the pan ( if your not removing the pan ) then use brake clean ( use the red straw bend 180 degrees ) to spray around the new hole, drain engine oil ( that way no metal shavings were in oil pan ). The truck was very fast ( highway trips were phenomenal, got great mileage, never overheated ( Florida/Texas/Arizona ) loaded-up road trips). I know most people used the roots style supercharger systems, ( That's what is going on my newly acquired 11 ranger --see Modbox system ). The truck ran on 89 octane in summer & 87 in colder months, never detonated, pulled trailers great. I did replace the engine mounts at 90 ish thousand miles, the intake tube was starting to rub on the bottom of the hood. I could post the install manual if that would help, I have seen it listed on there web site. The truck had boost right off idle & pulled through the rpm range, no lag it just moved out, the blower whine sound was great ( moving forward in traffic or parking lots, you would see gearheads/hotrodders turning there heads looking for the source of the supercharger whine ).

Last edited: