• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need user title suggestions

bdeuce

Reaction score
...please find a spot in most post that said you're stating people have to have a high post count to be a dick. Then reread this whole paragraph.
i don't know what this means. all i was trying (and boy do i mean trying), to tell you, is that you kept saying i said. . . **** it.

you didn't answer my question i asked you three times in your last post, and that is all i want from you.

i'll ask you again - do you see my point? do you see my point at all? do you see what i'm saying about the example with the other site? do you actually read what i type, or just go straight for a rebuttal? so i will ask you again, do you see the point i am trying to illustrate - how some people would not care for post counts. do you see my point? do you see my point about how it could not be required in general discussion? do you see my point at all?

personal attacks? please...your simple biggest flaw is that you are not willing to see my side at all. do you see my point? that is all i'm asking you. plain and simple, civilly, do you see my point?

it's not that it's 'just' something i don't like, i really do think that the examples i was talking about are detracting from my experience.

this will be my last post on this website that is not of technical nature. i get community and comradery elsewhere. i belong to about 8 other boards and forums of a technical nature, and really just joined here a year ago for the technical information. i don't need this shit.

so go ahead and have your free shot - you know i'm not responding; a welcome last laugh...

do you see my point at all?:icon_confused:

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
i don't know what this means. all i was trying (and boy do i mean trying), to tell you, is that you kept saying i said. . . **** it.

you didn't answer my question i asked you three times in your last post, and that is all i want from you.

i'll ask you again - do you see my point? do you see my point at all? do you see what i'm saying about the example with the other site? do you actually read what i type, or just go straight for a rebuttal? so i will ask you again, do you see the point i am trying to illustrate - how some people would not care for post counts. do you see my point? do you see my point about how it could not be required in general discussion? do you see my point at all?

personal attacks? please...your simple biggest flaw is that you are not willing to see my side at all. do you see my point? that is all i'm asking you. plain and simple, civilly, do you see my point?

it's not that it's 'just' something i don't like, i really do think that the examples i was talking about are detracting from my experience.

this will be my last post on this website that is not of technical nature. i get community and comradery elsewhere. i belong to about 8 other boards and forums of a technical nature, and really just joined here a year ago for the technical information. i don't need this shit.

so go ahead and have your free shot - you know i'm not responding; a welcome last laugh...

do you see my point at all?:icon_confused:
Look, I don't get why you're getting all fired up. You seem to be taking this personally and that is just dumb.

Do I see your point? YES, I saw your point with my first response and rebutted it over and over again. Man, maybe I think your "point" is not that great? Think of that instead of thinking I missed it?! :shok:

"Personal Attacks, please"

You blatantly are being obnoxious and that is just not necessary. You're failing to comprehend someone disagreeing with you and yet understanding your position at the same time seems to have frustrated you to the point that you start name calling. The "Shit" that you refer to is all on your side man. I really feel I've been perfectly pleasant arguing the POINTS in the discussion and not the people. You have been the one making attacks of which I've left alone to this point.

"Free shot"

D00d, really... this isn't about YOU. It's not at all about YOU. It's about what's best for the forums. Put your self aside and actually look at the discussion. :beer:

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Here is my take on it (and yes I am a post whore) I have an rss fed from chevytalk.org. I have noticed the best tech comes from guys that have a relatively low post count for the amount of time they have been registered members, I have maybe 15 posts over there for the 3 years I have been registered. I have also noticed that it is not the same community like it is here. If I have a question about my Toyotas I ask here first because the Toyota guys are mostly snobs, noo sence of community or helping a brother toyota out, if I have a question about my GMC or my motorhome I ask Will. There may be alot of post whoring here (more than any other board I use) but it also leads to a sence of community, especially when you can get MAKG to show his sence of humor. so alot of the ridiculous may seem to be a waste of server space but it is not, its what makes us all family.
I find myself agreeing with you lately. What's going on here? :beer::icon_cheers::derisive:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Wow. I asked about user titles. I didn't realize this was going to create such a huge heated arguement about the pro's & con's of post counts.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I find myself agreeing with you lately. What's going on here? :beer::icon_cheers::derisive:

couldn't tell you. been spending more time reading the tech library and less time watching C-span (I bought a 32" flat panel plasma HDTV and a HD DVD player and an up converter DVD player for my old DVDs and I am not willing to pay the price for cable)

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Wow. I asked about user titles. I didn't realize this was going to create such a huge heated arguement about the pro's & con's of post counts.
"user titles"??? What did you want to know, Jim?

Forgive me; momentary lapse of sanity, yet again. These ain't great, but I'll throw them out just to try and steer this thread back to your original question.

1-10 = Rookie or N00b
11-100 = Mall Rated
101-500 = Road Rated
501-1000 = Trail Rated
1001+ = Needs A Life

There's gotta be some better ideas out there.

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
couldn't tell you. been spending more time reading the tech library and less time watching C-span (I bought a 32" flat panel plasma HDTV and a HD DVD player and an up converter DVD player for my old DVDs and I am not willing to pay the price for cable)
lol

And sorry for the :threadjacked:

Pt_Ranger_V8

FullsizeFreakin'
U.S. Military - Active
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
19 something
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
to flesh out what someone else said... is it possible to change the display, so instead of 'post count' in numbers it has a word?

0-50 squeeky clean!
50-250 broken in
300-500 warranty expired
500-1000 moddin' it out
1000-5000 rebuilt
5000+ what?

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've said it before, and I'll continue to stress this point. Post count means nothing, besides proving that someone has so little else to do that they constantly are posting some type of response to any kind of thread that they can find.

I think many people can spot a good tech contributor when they read through their post.

Remember, it's not quantity but quality that counts.

Why would you even consider linking the user's post count to his "assigned" user title then?

Just make user titles custom for everyone. Pick your own, make it changeable by the user without regard for post count.

Period. More fun that way anyway.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I don't see a way to turn off the post count.

If you guys don't want user titles or rank images to change as post counts go up, I can just leave it all as 'Member' with no ranks.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
here
hows this
newbs are= import owners
250-=1000 are driven a truck once
1000-2000ford owner
2000-5000 i love mudd
100000offroad masters

i also like the idea of mod issued titles. like if someone posts a remarkable or positive funny posts

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals