• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Some help with ABS Code 7

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is the code definition..

No Isolation Solenoid during self check...

As long as I put foot on brake before starting it stays off until I take my foot off the brake then it comes on..

Any help would be awesome and appreciated!!!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Here is what I know... It isn't the fuses. The red brake light isn't on. if I unplug the module the ABS light goes out. If I start it with my foot on brake the ABS light comes on the goes off... If I unplug the bed wiring harness at the back of the truck the ABS light comes on then goes off....

Guilius

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
this is an ABS Control Unit code
Get a good volt meter or a friend who knows electronics and start here.

Measure between each of the pins and ground, it should indicate an open circuit. Pin 1 is the front wheel speed circuit and should be open to the speed sensor shell. Pin 3 is the rear wheel speed circuit and should be open to the speed sensor shell. Pin 17 is the ABS relay socket terminal 86 and should be a open circuit from it to ground. Also, from Pin 17 to ABS relay socket terminal 86, it should be a closed circuit.

If these indicate correct, the ABS brain is bad, and needs to be replaced.

and if you do not know what all that means, then you may want to bring it to a shop.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is an ABS Control Unit code
Get a good volt meter or a friend who knows electronics and start here.

Measure between each of the pins and ground, it should indicate an open circuit. Pin 1 is the front wheel speed circuit and should be open to the speed sensor shell. Pin 3 is the rear wheel speed circuit and should be open to the speed sensor shell. Pin 17 is the ABS relay socket terminal 86 and should be a open circuit from it to ground. Also, from Pin 17 to ABS relay socket terminal 86, it should be a closed circuit.

If these indicate correct, the ABS brain is bad, and needs to be replaced.

and if you do not know what all that means, then you may want to bring it to a shop.
Thanks!!!! It's a RAB system on a 92 Ranger if that matters or checking the circuits the same?

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Tested the ground over by the battery, It is remaining open. I am coing to replace the module and see what happens.. I'll Post up when I get it installed.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ABS is fixed.. The issue was the Module.. How I figured it out. There are two grounds over by the battery. One goes to the ECM the other the ABS Module. I connected the aligator clip on my test light to the positive side on the battery. probed the wires. Both ECM and ABS lit up. Turned on ignition ECM side the test light bulb went out. ABS side it stayed on (Should have gone out)... Installed the new used ABS Module and BAM light out!!! I hope this helps some one..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals