• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need some help with a 89 ranger to 88 lincoln mark vii 302 5.0 HO efi wiring

1988broncoll

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1989 ranger the truck was a 2.9 5 spd truck. I swapped in a AOD and a 5.0 HO out of a lincoln mark vii i have everything done but the efi wiring. I have the alldata EEC-IV module connector pin usage for the lincoln mark vii and the pin usage for the ranger. I also have the diagrams from all data that show which wires in the pin go to what plugs on both vehicles. I know most of you are prob. going to say well thats what you need look at it and connect the wires to them selves. I am not knowledgable about wiring with efi systems i have been doing alot of reading and studying on it but still not to sure. I was wondering if anyone has done this swap with a 5.0 HO efi system and would be willing to give me some help. I have must of the plugs connected to the motor that I could connect that went to it. I have the truck to where it will turn over by the key but i am not getting any spark or fuel which i know is due to the plugs not being connected in the rest of the circuits. So if anyone have done this swap and has any diagrams or anything of the connections that they had to make I would greatly appreicate the help thanks

1988broncoll

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks man I made a few phone calls and found out that my sisters BF is pretty handy when it comes to EFI wiring hes a big ford guy and loves EFI stuff so he came over and we looked everything over and hooked up a few wires coming to find out that the computer is fried so I am trying to track down another one just to get it up and going to finish the wiring and all. Then once everything is buttoned up Im going to buy a new one and keep the used one as a spare. I dont want to go and buy a new one just yet because its 100 bucks so i figured if a spend a few bucks on a used one and burn it up at least it wasnt 100 bucks out the window lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals