• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wanted Need rocker panels!!! sheet metal

sexybluelady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994, 199
Make / Model
ford, mitsu, do
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Need for someone willing to cut the some sheet metal for me. For my 1988 Ranger standard cab. I need both the driver and the passenger side. Also looking for the more "rear" part of the drivers side floor panel towards the back of the seat to the rear little "hump" for the rear cab as well.
IMG_20211002_181351_180.jpg
IMG_20211002_181221_857.jpg
IMG_20211002_181221_857.jpg

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Just section it out.

sexybluelady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994, 199
Make / Model
ford, mitsu, do
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just section it out.
the under side is gone as well. And winter is right around the corner. Why not try to save a shit load of time by just welding in some good rockers, vs spending days hand forming sheet metal to fit in every little rust spot....

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
LMC seems to have just the right side but its a start.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
the under side is gone as well. And winter is right around the corner. Why not try to save a shit load of time by just welding in some good rockers, vs spending days hand forming sheet metal to fit in every little rust spot....

Those look pretty good. If it is typical for what I see...I would definitely section...

with a few pieces of scrap it's not much work or cost. No waiting on parts....and no matter what you have to fit whatever you get.

But I am merely looking for function...not showroom stock. I don't mind scars because I beat the hell out of my truck doing truck stuff... And know it's futile to have it nice.

As good of shape as your is in...I can see where a full rocker may be appealing.

There is a place here in Detroit that will likely have your rockers....I think it's called classic to current now. They are just skins...so no matter what you have to section support.

I am pretty disappointed with them...as I know the have the rpt capacity to whip out anything at fractional costs...and they refuse to take care of the older rbv crowd ...

But it's just what it is...I suspect personal animous towards rbv there...from the ones I have dealt with.

Give em a try...

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
The products they have for the gm trucks in the 90s are really good.

Under different names I have bought Mopar parts from them....e body...b body stuff.

sexybluelady

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994, 199
Make / Model
ford, mitsu, do
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The products they have for the gm trucks in the 90s are really good.
Thanks, yea I've checked out LMC and have them bookmarked already. I like to check the forums first before I buy new, plus I am really trying to see if I can get the U shaped upper sections cut out from someone's donor truck around the door jams. That's the real problem area. And the part that no one sales and takes the most time to hand fab up from scratch.

Under different names I have bought Mopar parts from them....e body...b body stuff.
I just checked out that site real quick, they didn't have much for Rangers just a floor pan. But I bookmarked them for future use just in case I happen to need them for another project. Thanks for that info. I'm still hoping that someone has a donor truck and they are willing to cut out the rockers for me. I really just do not have the time to spend right now fab up the door jam U shaped sections, my plate is overloaded as it is right now. I'm just trying to save as much time as I can. I'm sure that if I wasn't looking for them, people would have good donor cabs falling out of their asses right now. It's only when you need something that everyone is out of it. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals