• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help

RC2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Replaced the tailgate striker bushings twice already they keep breaking ( Like after closing the gate twice ) is there a trick to adjusting the strikers? It seems I must not be getting them to the right spot when I tighten down really don't want to take it to a body shop for this

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
You would think if the strikers needed adjustment, the tailgate would not open and close very well. If your strikers look like the pins that are on the cab door jambs, I use 1/2 pex plumbing pipe with good success on mine to replace the plastic bushing. I just cut it to length, then slit it down the side, and spread it open and install it over the metal striker pin. They last a very long time.

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
You would think if the strikers needed adjustment, the tailgate would not open and close very well. If your strikers look like the pins that are on the cab door jambs, I use 1/2 pex plumbing pipe with good success on mine to replace the plastic bushing. I just cut it to length, then slit it down the side, and spread it open and install it over the metal striker pin. They last a very long time.
Same here, but i used vacuum line

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals