• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with gas mileage issue

daniboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys! I am new to the forum and new to owning a ranger. I will jump right to the issue though. When I bought my 91 ranger a few months ago it was great. I was getting about 20-22 mpg. I had to replace my slave cylinder in the tranny and subsequently the O2 sensor cause it fouled out during that fix. My mileage dropped to like 16 and finally now it is at 10mpg. I checked the spark plugs, wires and coil packs, as well as the vacuum. They were all right where they should be.

I got a OBD1 scanner and hooked it up. It threw a code 14 (profile ignition pickup {PIP}) in the continuous memory. It wouldn't even register the number of cylinders for the engine running test.. so I am thinking I need a new PIP sensor.

Is that the same as the Camshaft position sensor?? Any help with this would be great as far as how to do it, best place to find a new sensor and if I am on the right track..:dunno:

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals