• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with a question about new seats in my 99 XLT

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
Hello All,

I recently purchased a set of seats from a 2002 Ranger for my 99 Ranger XLT. The passenger seat is already in and no problems. However, the drivers seat is electric. My old drivers seat is NOT electric. In looking under my drivers seat, there doesn't seem to be a connection for this seat. Can anyone here explain to me how I would go about setting up my drivers seat for electric power? Thanks very much to anyone who can help me out here. All of your help is truly and greatly appreciated!!!

Tim Davis

retep88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
I don't have my Wiring diagram book handy, but I think you will have to fashion a connector yourself. Fortunately the body wire harness runs down the trans tunnel into a connector under the driver seat so you should be able to find a power/ground. Just pull the carpet and you'll find it. I might also wait to see if someone has the wiring diagram handy... I am not even sure I know where my book is?

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
Ok thanks very much for that information I appreciate it very much!! Have a great week!!

Franken5liter

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31”
Hello All,

I recently purchased a set of seats from a 2002 Ranger for my 99 Ranger XLT. The passenger seat is already in and no problems. However, the drivers seat is electric. My old drivers seat is NOT electric. In looking under my drivers seat, there doesn't seem to be a connection for this seat. Can anyone here explain to me how I would go about setting up my drivers seat for electric power? Thanks very much to anyone who can help me out here. All of your help is truly and greatly appreciated!!!

Tim Davis
Hey Tom, I installed power Explorer seats in mine the same way I would power an amplifier from the distribution block and a 20A fuse; grounded to the frame via the seat hole. Alas but possibly most importantly I bypassed the huge settings/memory module under the seat and connected the power and grounds directly to the to the seat motor via butt splices. I don’t have memory settings but I do have power at all times to move them even if key is not in the ignition. Let me know if that helps.

pgatimmyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Spr Cab
Transmission
Automatic
hello I appreciate you letting me know that. I ended up grounding to the seat bolt like you said and found a 25 amp unused and put it to that. Works great!! Thanks so much for the help!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals