• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help rebuilding a 2.9

bigmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I PULLED THE MOTOR OUT OF MY 89 RANGER AND HAVE HAD ALL OF THE MACHINE WORK DONE AND ITS TIME TO CLOSE IT UP. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE SOME OF THE GASKETS GO. I BOUGHT THE FEL-PRO COMPLETE GASKET KIT AND IT DIDN'T COME WITH ANY INSTRUCTIONS...SO I HAVE A FEW O-RING GASKETS THAT I CAN'T PLACE. I'LL LOOK IN THE MORNING BUT I THINK... ONE GREEN, ONE RED, ONE NYLON, ONE COPPER AND THERE ARE A FEW BLACK ONES. MAYBE THEY ALL AREN'T USED?

ANY INFO IS APRECIATED!
:icon_surprised:

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 81874766E40C6A 5th, 2022

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
I PULLED THE MOTOR OUT OF MY 89 RANGER AND HAVE HAD ALL OF THE MACHINE WORK DONE AND ITS TIME TO CLOSE IT UP. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE SOME OF THE GASKETS GO. I BOUGHT THE FEL-PRO COMPLETE GASKET KIT AND IT DIDN'T COME WITH ANY INSTRUCTIONS...SO I HAVE A FEW O-RING GASKETS THAT I CAN'T PLACE. I'LL LOOK IN THE MORNING BUT I THINK... ONE GREEN, ONE RED, ONE NYLON, ONE COPPER AND THERE ARE A FEW BLACK ONES. MAYBE THEY ALL AREN'T USED?

ANY INFO IS APRECIATED!
:icon_surprised:
:worthless:
not trying to be rude or anything...just that from what your describing it could be anything. but yes often there leftovers, but really a picture would help:dunno:

bigmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic

bigmike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't, but I'll get one as soon as I can find some time. thanks.(probably gonna be photobucket.)