• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help :( please

mr. ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
So I broke my axle u joints that are in the axle rag joint I think irk buying am trying to take appart the axle shaft and replace the u joint but I can't figure out how to take them appart please help me !! I need 4x4 :thefinger:

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
To get the axle joints out it depends which ones you are replacing. Reguardless of side you need to pull the wheels, caliper, rotors and spindle. From there the driver side axle will slide out. If you only want to do the outer joint on the pass. side mark the shaft at the slip yoke for assembly reference and pull the shafts apart. To do the center one likely you will need to unbolt the diff from the beam. Take all the bolt out from the front side then there is a nut and bolt on the back driver side along the radius arm. Pull the diff free,take the clip off the axle at the side gear and pull free. I say likely pull the diff because if you have a ball joint press you can change the center one while the axle is on the truck. Its better to just pull everything and not a bad idea while you are there to pop in 2 new axle seals.

Matt

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals