• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Advice!

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,

I'm new to these forums and I recently picked up a 99 Mazda B4000 4x4, and I am just wondering what are some cheap things I can do to improve the overall look of my truck. I have big plans but no money at the moment. I have already put the spray in bed liner in the box and blacked out the lights. I would like your opinions on the truck so far and what you think i should do!

Thanks! :)

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Maybe window visors, bearing killers (Wheel spacers), window tint always helps, possibly a windshield bug deflector if you're into those. That's really all I can think of that's cheap...

Once you're ready to throw lots and lots of pesos at it, I can make a much, much longer list

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Loose that John Deere plate and put on Case IH is step one.

I'd crank the T-Bars a jag and get a cpl inches in the front and an inch in the rear. Pretty well free....

I'd need rain guards...

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Ill prob crank the T-Bars this week and I am considering the wheel spacers. As for window tint the backs are pretty dark as it is so ill prob hold off on that one.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Ooh, it's pretty cheap to pull the bed/cab off as well as bumpers, etc. to paint the frame and everything. Or you could always run around the wheel wells with a can of rustoleum flat black to refresh springs, axle, frame, etc. Maybe paint over the surface rust on your front tow hooks?

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
The tow hooks is a good idea, and i'm getting the truck undercoated soon so should I still paint the frame? will it affect anything?

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
If you're getting it undercoated, you shouldn't need to paint it. I like to pain all of my vehicles' frames with rustoleum just because no matter what but that's just personal preference.

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Okay thanks for the help, im going to do the wheel spacers, the T-Bar crank and paint those tow hooks! I would really appreciate feedback on the blacked out chrome grill.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I would think since you blacked out the grill, may as well black out the bumpers as well?

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
That actually is a good idea and I mean I use plasti dip so if I dont like it I can peel it off! haha. Should I black out the front lamps as well?

cvar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Nice black truck. I like the blackened grill, too. Have you seen those with blackpipe roll cage?

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
no I actually haven't! but thanks man!

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I had black headlights once... Then it got dark. I pulled over and ripped them off.

I hate plast-dip.... I don't know why. If I paint something I want it to stay forever and look decent.

I'm probably going to rustoleum it or sandblast it and use self etching primer.... Then Diamond Hard Enamel spray paint it or shoot it with an HVLP and clearcoat it about 17 times (unless I'm using satin) if it's a hard to sand surface like a slotted windshield wiper arm... Or intake vent I usually use Y2K epoxy primer or the like.

That rustoleum rust reformer and Diamond Hard satin black looks amazing on a frame....

TwooD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
in that sense you have a point but I'm just messing around right now to see what I like better so for that it's perfect.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't black out the headlights. I would, however, recommend the 'angry eyes' headlight paint!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals