• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My question .......

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
:buttkick: Hi all I have a 1994 Mazda B3000 4x4, I was part of this site a few years ago but lost my info so I signed up again.

I have a few wiring questions, the person who owned my truck before me made a mess of the wiring when he tried to install a trailer kit,

This is what happens with the lights

I have no day time running lights, I did but they stopped working, when I turn on the headlights the running / park lights work in the back but when I hit the brake one goes out ….. I also want to hook up a trailer ….. the owner before me cut the block connector out of it so those plug and play kits will not work . and the directions on the back of the uni kit did not work for me

Reverse
Black – Ground
Black / Pink – Major

Turn
Light Green / Orange –Major
Black – Ground

Brake Light
Light Green – Major
Brown – Minor
Black – Ground

i want to fix the rear tail light from going out when the brake is pressed when the head lights are on

i would also like some help on hooking up the wiring so i can tow a trailer with (a 5 pin i think / what ever the most common plug is) conector

I looked in the tech library and found some info on it but it does not match up to the wires in my truck ………

thanks Jon

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I think its a 4 pin .........

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does your truck have seperate turn signals from the brake lights in the rear (are they amber)?

Your running light going out might be bad ground wiring in the back, or a bad turn signal switch.

jon440x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
truck

my mazda has amber turn signals .... on the rear

any help on hooking up the wiring so i can tow a trailer ?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
You will need a 3-2 converter.. Another words the convert takes the seperate turn signal and brake light wires and makes them into a single wire. Most trailer supply stores carry them.. And the most common plug is a 4-flat. Unless it is a fullsize truck and they are not a 7-pin.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals