• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new toy.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
My wife is a huge thrift store shopper I like to go so I can scope out the toy section sometimes I find a few jewels. Well I found this today.

I've always wanted one of these remote controlled construction toys. The only thing I've found wrong with it the remote is broken I should be able to fix it pretty easily. It appears that two of the switches broke off and someone tried to super glue them back on. They broke back off due to they glued the controls in place.

I'm going to be pulling it apart and going to have to figure out something else for levers.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Once upon a time, I had the "full set" of all 4 - the track-hoe, the quarry dump, the bulldozer, and the rubber-tired loader.

Maybe if you can get it far enough apart, drill some holes where the levers used to be, and put some bolts in their place? From the inside, with them sticking out and nutted in place, to act as levers?

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I used to play with these all the time when I was a kid. My friend had a whole crane set. He had at least 5 different cranes.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I thinking along the same lines to use bolts or wood screws. or maybe even rivets from the inside so the long end sticks up. I dunno I havn't got it apart yet to see how much room is under. I had some things to do to the focus today.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Use (or try) some flat-head bolts, probably some 8-32 thread ones, about 1.5" long? If there's enough plastic, the flat-heads can be countersunk, and then they won't cause any clearance issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals