• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new toy (not RBV related)

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
So I just bought my first house and it has a kinda big yard (1.3 acres) so a push mower wasn't gonna cut it (literally :icon_rofl: ) I started lawn tractor shopping on craigslist and found this bad boy:

It's a 1985 John Deere 216 garden tractor. It has a 16HP Single cylinder all cast iron Kohler that purrs like a kitten. The transmission is a 4 speed gear w/ granny first and the Variator clutch drive system. It'll creep slow enough to plow dirt and maxes out around 12 mph in 4th with the variator all the way high. It has a 46" deck and came with a 42" snow plow. It has the kind of rare (on the 200 series anyways) hydraulic lift on the deck and plow.

All I can say is that this thing is a whole class above any newer yard or garden tractor I've ever used (newer John Deere's included). I'm glad I went with the 24 year old model because it's true that they just don't build them like they used to. :icon_thumby:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a good solid mower man. How much did you pay for it? Im in the market for something like it.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
I was the first one to look at it so I couldn't talk him down much, but I got it for $850. It's amazing how these things retain their value.

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i want one(older) to mud like you see on youtube...i would have sooooooooo much fun with one:yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals