• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new steering wheel!

onimitsu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i was at the junk yard the other day picking up parts for the old ranger and I came up to this 1987 4X4 Mazda truck and the steering wheel on it looked awesome. so I climbed in through the sun roof and pulled off the steering wheel. I got it home and took of my steering wheel on my 91 ranger and I saw that the ranger was a smooth shaft with 2 flat spots and the Mazda steering wheel was a splined shaft and smaller diameter, so I took my trusty drill and drilled out the Mazda steering wheel to the right size for the ranger and I drilled 2 holes on each side of the Mazda steering wheel taped them and put two bolts in so it would hold the steering wheel from moving. I had to disconnected the horn (now I have a push button horn). I have a 2" gap from the Mazda plastic shroud and the ranger steering column and I might fiber glass the gap closed or some thing like that. but all in all it took me about 2 hours of toying around and I think it looks great. I am thinking of getting rid of the Mazda emblem on the center of the steering wheel and either get a emblem that says Ranger or Ford with a black back ground, I don’t know yet. I am going to get better pics of it I will post them when I get them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals