• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new Ranger!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to part it out...the frame is too rotted and too thin to even bother with.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
is the shifter on the 98...off? It seems like mine where P is actually between P and R. Reverse is neutral and 2 is drive. Great looking truck Im only like 500 miles ahead of you

99offroad

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
is the shifter on the 98...off? It seems like mine where P is actually between P and R. Reverse is neutral and 2 is drive. Great looking truck Im only like 500 miles ahead of you
My 99 ranger was like untill I sold it with 198000 miles on it broke near 100,000 mile point!:icon_twisted:

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
It's a black 98 4x4 XLT with 114k miles. The tires are 31x10.50x15's. It cost me $3200. I had to add a picture of the tow rig too. :yahoo:

is that a texas trailer?

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
My 99 ranger was like untill I sold it with 198000 miles on it broke near 100,000 mile point!:icon_twisted:
Mines been broken since the 45,000 mile point

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
tom living in the rust belt I recommend replacing the drop in liner with a spray in asap.

oops just read your in North Carolina. I read north dakota earlier. regardless dropins suck. as soon as I have the funds mine is gone

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
is that a texas trailer?
It's a UHAUL trailer.
tom living in the rust belt I recommend replacing the drop in liner with a spray in asap.

oops just read your in North Carolina. I read north dakota earlier. regardless dropins suck. as soon as I have the funds mine is gone
I could have taken the bedliner out myself but with it on the trailer and it raining I didn't really want to. I probably will when I get it home so I can put my toolbox on it.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
It's a UHAUL trailer.

I could have taken the bedliner out myself but with it on the trailer and it raining I didn't really want to. I probably will when I get it home so I can put my toolbox on it.
May I recommend spraying the whole inside of the bed with a mean cleaner then. I pulled my liner to clean today. It is a factory bedliner and hasnt left this truck since august 1998 when it was installed. Was a bitch to clean but kinda cool to see the obvious ash from the cedar fire in san diego in 2003. Since yours will be gone for good you need not worry about reinstalling, thats such a pita!!

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You should see the bed in my blue truck. I don't really care how scratched the bed is, it's a truck.

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
I'm going to part it out...the frame is too rotted and too thin to even bother with.
Congrats on the new truck Tom! I decided to fix mine up so when you start parting let me know. I got a little shopping list written up.

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
You should see the bed in my blue truck. I don't really care how scratched the bed is, it's a truck.
I just got one thing to say about that----------:headbang:

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sooo. I got the engine torn down. As far as I can tell, the heads aren't cracked and neither are the gaskets. I will confirm this after I finish cleaning them up tomorrow. You can see on the heads and head gaskets where it was leaking. I also have to do a valve job. The intake valve on #2 has a BAD leak. I flipped the heads upside down in the wash tank and covered the intake and exhaust valves on each side with varsol. #2 was the only one that leaked but i'm going to do them all. Hopefully I can get started on that tomorrow. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pictures.

Before anyone asks, the blue "things" are labels I put on each sensor and vacuum line. There's nothing more annoying than putting all that hard work wondering where shit goes. I also labeled all the pushrods and other bolts.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can't believe I didn't update this sooner....it lives!!! I got it running and back together. It runs like a freakin top! I have to replace the steering rack on monday and do the ball joints too. When we test drove it the steering wheel started shaking as it was doing the death wobble. Put it back up on the lift and the inner tie rods are shot. All I have to do now is swap seats, tires, steering rack, ball joints, and swap over rotors and pads.
Here's a pic, I forgot to take one after I got everything back together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals