• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new ANTI-Jeep decal-must see!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I watched a video from SVT explaining just that 6.2, and I believe I read it only has 5 inches of up travel. He said it was designed in a manner that if you abuse it, the truck will still get you home.

Sent while I should be doing something else
This.
It's not a hardcore pre runner. It's a DD that can go Offroad, fast.
They designed it accordingly. And it's not flawed. It's so you can get home if you're an idiot.

For more up travel you don't need the frame to be different, you need the suspension to be different. Wow lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Honestly though... who gives a shit, lol. This was an anti jeep thread lol. Its like dealing with a bunch of pms-ing women sometimes, lol. I kid I kid.
This thread was dead for quite awhile before somebody came running with paddles too. :icon_twisted:

This.
It's not a hardcore pre runner. It's a DD that can go Offroad, fast.
They designed it accordingly. And it's not flawed. It's so you can get home if you're an idiot.

For more up travel you don't need the frame to be different, you need the suspension to be different. Wow lol.
It is flawed IMO, it safe for idiots but if they did it right it wouldn't compromise the integrety of the truck. If you bend a piece of metal it will never quite be the same where it was bent, and will bend easier there the next time and the next time and eventually it will break.

Without increasing ride height (which affects stability) the only way to increase uptravel is to change the frame significantly.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And then it wouldnt be a daily driver Offroad truck. It would be an expensive offroader that not very many people would buy. That's not what they wanted.

you have to drive it according to what it is. It's a truck that has limits. Don't push those limits and it will be 100% perfectly fine. There have been 10 is cases of a bent frame. All were pushing their trucks way beyond their limits. An guess what, they all drove home perfectly fine.
Its a production truck. It's not a $100,000 trophy truck you get built.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals