• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new ANTI-Jeep decal-must see!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
There is some idiot with a bright yellow CJ running around here with a ridiculous amount of lift (it's taller than my choptop, he's probably got 3' or so from the ground to the frame) with big tall tires and a loud V-8 under the hood.....

And still running a D-30 and D-35. I don't know how that thing hasn't grenaded on him yet.

Somebody said something once to me about how did I like that "badass" CJ. I said it looked like a useless pile with those dinky axles. And I'm scared to even think of how the front steering was worked out.... because it's not a hydro steer....

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
There is some idiot with a bright yellow CJ running around here with a ridiculous amount of lift (it's taller than my choptop, he's probably got 3' or so from the ground to the frame) with big tall tires and a loud V-8 under the hood.....

And still running a D-30 and D-35. I don't know how that thing hasn't grenaded on him yet.

Somebody said something once to me about how did I like that "badass" CJ. I said it looked like a useless pile with those dinky axles. And I'm scared to even think of how the front steering was worked out.... because it's not a hydro steer....
Just like an idiot I saw last month near Orlando. Lifted 97 Ranger with 40 inch mudders, 15 inch wheels and has those crap skinny ranger axles with a 2.3 motor. That is funny and stupid looking. To each their own!!!

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Personal opinions about certain manufacturers are fine. Personally, I do not care for any GM, Chysler or Chevy product. I have several friends that have older S10/Sonoma's and they have nothing but problems. I had a 00 Dodge Durango that I replaced the rear end in and that was not fun by any means.

I grew up on Ford, it is what I knew the best.

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Would you spend $50k and put it on the trails?
My loaded four door Sport (see sig/avatar) was a hair under $30k after a few corporate phone calls. I now have $8k in upgrades on it after bumpers, winch, wheels/tires, lift, fenders, skids, and sliders... and I'm not afraid to use it. But I do still get nervous once in a while.

I was considering a Raptor but went with a new 5.0 GT instead. Biggest pile of garbage I ever owned.

The Jeep fits me, my wife, my son, our three large dogs, and all the equipment/groceries to spend a weekend at our camp. I love the versatility and the platform impressed the tar out of me every time I take it wheeling. For no lockers it does one Hell of a job getting through a lot of stuff.
With your 30K you spent I could build a ranger that makes your wrangler hide in the garage. Oh and beat it in a drag, and out pull, it and still be street driven. Know what your getting yourself into, what I paid for my f-250 is far less then what you have into your jeep and I'm sure it would hold its own up against your jeep. Had a kid claim his jeep could easily go through more mud and snow then my truck, the snow flew and we went playing and well he got stuck as I drove circles around him and then left (the kid was a real piece of work and I don't respect that) He had lockers, 35's, and little motor work done, all I had was read end locker and front l/s, with 38's

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Popeye had Jeeps...

J/K I don't get involved in brand name wars simply because...it's Monday...spent 10 years defending a brand name only to be Jeeped by the company...can't AfFord the time invested...

But this has been, from what I've read (the first page) an interesting debate...didn't read pages 2, 3, or 4 yet but I've already learned a few things...and that's more important than winning...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
With your 30K you spent I could build a ranger that makes your wrangler hide in the garage. Oh and beat it in a drag, and out pull, it and still be street driven. Know what your getting yourself into, what I paid for my f-250 is far less then what you have into your jeep and I'm sure it would hold its own up against your jeep. Had a kid claim his jeep could easily go through more mud and snow then my truck, the snow flew and we went playing and well he got stuck as I drove circles around him and then left (the kid was a real piece of work and I don't respect that) He had lockers, 35's, and little motor work done, all I had was read end locker and front l/s, with 38's
I don't know anybody stupid enough to put 30K into a Ranger. I have a buddy who bought a new 2012 Raptor that has a broken front differential and the rear frame is already damaged and he is pissed. He has a 2009 Rubicon Limited that has never let him down and he has 80,000 miles on it and it runs 37 inch tires. He bought the Ford Raptor because he loves the looks of it and loves Trophy Trucks. Damn Ford..........lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Jeeps key is its manuverability. A 2dr could turn in a circle in the space your '250 takes just sitting there... a 4dr would still make you look stupid.

Popeye had Jeeps...

J/K I don't get involved in brand name wars simply because...it's Monday...spent 10 years defending a brand name only to be Jeeped by the company...can't AfFord the time invested...
Three mentions of a JK Jeep and only one mention of a Ford... we know where your loyaties lie now. :icon_twisted:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Three mentions of a JK Jeep and only one mention of a Ford... we know where your loyaties lie now. :icon_twisted:
LOL...Ford is a four letter F word...so it's more challenging to make other fwords out of it...but For D record, I can always belabor this...haha

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
LOL...Ford is a four letter F word...so it's more challenging to make other fwords out of it...but For D record, I can always belabor this...haha
Haaaa ...Good one, Bro!!!!

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know anybody stupid enough to put 30K into a Ranger. I have a buddy who bought a new 2012 Raptor that has a broken front differential and the rear frame is already damaged and he is pissed. He has a 2009 Rubicon Limited that has never let him down and he has 80,000 miles on it and it runs 37 inch tires. He bought the Ford Raptor because he loves the looks of it and loves Trophy Trucks. Damn Ford..........lol
What makes putting thousands into a jeep better than putting thousands in a ranger? If your friend has damage to his frame on the truck, was he jumping it? I guarantee he wouldn't jump a wrangler like a raptor. And if his rubicon hasn't broke, give it time. Chrysler makes junk vehicles... period. I like jeeps, but they are terribly build and terrible quality wise. I know because I have one. If you're always going to mention how terrible rangers are, and how every thing is better, why don't you just sell yours?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What makes putting thousands into a jeep better than putting thousands in a ranger?
It is a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. :icon_twisted:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
What makes putting thousands into a jeep better than putting thousands in a ranger? If your friend has damage to his frame on the truck, was he jumping it? I guarantee he wouldn't jump a wrangler like a raptor. And if his rubicon hasn't broke, give it time. Chrysler makes junk vehicles... period. I like jeeps, but they are terribly build and terrible quality wise. I know because I have one. If you're always going to mention how terrible rangers are, and how every thing is better, why don't you just sell yours?
I have several vehicles. 2 jeeps 2 Rangers and a Suzuki Sammie. I never had a problem with any of my Jeeps. They perform great and are fun to drive. I had a few older Cherokees with the solid axle (came that way from Jeep) and the 4.0 L that was a good strong motor. I never had any issues with them. I have 3 early Broncos that I really loved to take places and take a vacation in as well. My wife loved them and love to drive them as well. They were neat powerful trucks!!! I have been to Moab over 30 times in the past 25years and never had any issues with my vehicles. I drove all over Moab and loved the people I met and wheeled with. Nobody cared what you brought to wheel. We all had a great safe fun time and that is what it is about.
My Toyota trucks that I drove from California to Florida several times a year and my Jeeps and my older Rangers, Early Broncos and my 2 BII's that went out west and back to the east coast were driven out there and were never hauled or towed. All I have done was the proper maintenance and took care of them. They never let me down. Flat tires are a different thing…I had a few of those….lol. But, I always have spares in the trucks of course. I see a lot of people I know with Ford, Chevy, Dodge trucks that have great times and sometimes an issue with something that breaks. When you put over 150,000miles on a vehicle and it starts to wear that is normal. As long as you take care of it , it will last. But, to buy a new 2012 Ford Raptor and have the front axle break just going offroad and trailriding is not cool. The rear frame damage should not have happened going over moderate bumps and small jumps that all of us go over every weekend or just monthly. I drove his Raptor and it is really a fun truck to drive and the power is really awesome!! But for Ford to say that the truck was not to be taken out and drove offroad like this is stupid. Look at those Ford Raptor commercials that show the Raptors jumping and going offroad in harsh conditions. Makes me angry at Ford. But, I still like the Rangers and I will always have a Ranger.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Look at those Ford Raptor commercials that show the Raptors jumping and going offroad in harsh conditions. Makes me angry at Ford. But, I still like the Rangers and I will always have a Ranger.
IMHO the Raptor (like any offroad oriented vehicle) is stupid for a company to build. There is no way to warrenty something without it biting them. There is no way to tell if it was a speedbump or a 10' terrace that bent the frame.

If I was Ford I would let the aftermarkets deal with the demand for offroad oriented vehicles and have my "voided" stamper ready for the incoming warrenty claims.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
my point is... if i was to buy new for an all around daily driver, camping, hunting, trail riding, so on vechile... it'd be a 2012 JK rubi. expensive? yes... but is the cost of that over the 2012 4runner worth it? yes. there's not a good SUV option right now for someone like me if i was to buy new. the new explorers are a joke. grand cherokee's NO. 4runners are okay but lack some stuff. the rubi has it all and will probably never break if you don't go larger than 34's or 35's and drive smart. what other new vehicle can you do minor trimming and budget boost and fit 35's with lockers, 4.10's, solid front axle, plus you can take the top off... and have all sorts of aftermarket support?!

Baby Raptor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Besides, Jeeps are too expensive...for me anyway. a 1997 wrangler is 12k in good condition, a 1997 ranger on the other hand, about 3k.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals