• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new ANTI-Jeep decal-must see!

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
That's no doubt. But as long as hot girls are driving Jeeps and not RBVs on the trails I know what I'm wheeling!

I kid. I'm married. My wife has a 04 TJ Sport on 31s, about to get a front locker and 33s. I just sold my 79 Bronco on 38s about two months ago. Too much work. I can drive my Jeep to the trails, wheel all weekend, then drive back. No trucks, trailers, etc.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
I tease my buddy about his Jeep all the time, but it's a pretty solid rig. I had some fun recently because he tipped it on it's side in Moab on Easter weekend. My buddy is anti-Ford (even though he told me yesterday to find him a Ranger) and we do plenty of trash talking back and forth. No reason to get irate about it (Straycat) when it's all in fun.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A 2012 Wrangler (even Sport) will go five times as far as any 2012 offering from Ford. There's a reason they're so common.

I get brand loyalty cracks to be funny, just don't pretend Ford has a legitimate offering to counter a Wrangler.
Raptor? :stirthepot:

A Jeep is a rig I think would be fun to have... but there is absolutly nothing they offer that would justify it. They won't do anything my Ranger does any better. I really don't care for the looks of the JK, a TJ or a CJ would be more like what I would want.

Dad has a CJ-2A that is neater than neat, I wish the engine (Willys Go-Devil) wasn't stuck though :annoyed:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I tease my buddy about his Jeep all the time, but it's a pretty solid rig. I had some fun recently because he tipped it on it's side in Moab on Easter weekend. My buddy is anti-Ford (even though he told me yesterday to find him a Ranger) and we do plenty of trash talking back and forth. No reason to get irate about it (Straycat) when it's all in fun.
Like I said in my post, all of us that go camping, boating and wheeling together don't care about makes. They are happy to see and get together with everybody. Nobody trashes anybody's rides. People who trash other makes are the irate ones.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Raptor? :stirthepot:

A Jeep is a rig I think would be fun to have... but there is absolutly nothing they offer that would justify it. They won't do anything my Ranger does any better. I really don't care for the looks of the JK, a TJ or a CJ would be more like what I would want.

Dad has a CJ-2A that is neater than neat, I wish the engine (Willys Go-Devil) wasn't stuck though :annoyed:
Would you spend $50k and put it on the trails?
My loaded four door Sport (see sig/avatar) was a hair under $30k after a few corporate phone calls. I now have $8k in upgrades on it after bumpers, winch, wheels/tires, lift, fenders, skids, and sliders... and I'm not afraid to use it. But I do still get nervous once in a while.

I was considering a Raptor but went with a new 5.0 GT instead. Biggest pile of garbage I ever owned.

The Jeep fits me, my wife, my son, our three large dogs, and all the equipment/groceries to spend a weekend at our camp. I love the versatility and the platform impressed the tar out of me every time I take it wheeling. For no lockers it does one Hell of a job getting through a lot of stuff.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like to tease fans of different brand like fresh meat said, as long as its all play. I don't just jump people with why fords are better. And idk why stray came out with a personal attack. Probably because he has one of those silly jeeps at home too.
And for about the same $1500 im running 35's (minus tires and wheels)with zero issues aswell.... but in a ranger. My original buy in price was $3000 as apposed to the $30,000 jk buy in. And my favorite part was stopping in the middle of a 500ft mud pit and towing a rubicon all the way to the other side with my open axles. And beating several jeeps in competitive mud bogs...... although I did get beat by one jeep, my girlfriends! Lol

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Long story short though.... ford needs to build that new bronco concept

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I like to tease fans of different brand like fresh meat said, as long as its all play. I don't just jump people with why fords are better. And idk why stray came out with a personal attack. Probably because he has one of those silly jeeps at home too.
And for about the same $1500 im running 35's (minus tires and wheels)with zero issues aswell.... but in a ranger. My original buy in price was $3000 as apposed to the $30,000 jk buy in. And my favorite part was stopping in the middle of a 500ft mud pit and towing a rubicon all the way to the other side with my open axles. And beating several jeeps in competitive mud bogs...... although I did get beat by one jeep, my girlfriends! Lol
My $1500 included the wheels/tires.

But you tore my ass with buy-in price!

My Explorer was $1200 all in, on 34x12.50 LTBs and M5OD conversion. I welded the D35 spiders and beat the snot out of it.
Sold it to a buddy who rolled it off the highway six weeks later.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Like I said in my post, all of us that go camping, boating and wheeling together don't care about makes. They are happy to see and get together with everybody. Nobody trashes anybody's rides. People who trash other makes are the irate ones.

You sure sounded pissed in your first post Bro.

That HUGE decal statement goes way back to the late 70's. No big deal. People will think you are stupid displaying that HUGE decal with a wast of money on that HUGE decal and your immaturity is showing since we all know you still play with Barbie and Ken...lol. That looks more like photo shop to me.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I remember my first jeep.....................

it was made in 1938 for the POPEYE cartoons.....

my 2nd jeep got a blowed up trsmission in Nam...

my 3rd jeep was a disgarded mail delivery vehicle...which i disgarded too...

then i discovered girls & Rangers......

EDIT: FYI...Ford owners....a little picking is O.K.......but don't knock the less-fortunate!

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Its humorous, 90% of the people who drive wranglers were i live are blonde females. My two older brothers and I always give each other shit for what we drive, me driving a ford and them jeeps. They make fun of mine for not running right a lot, and then i remind them i still have floors, my doors dont sag ungodly amounts and i dont have to replace ball joints every 20 minutes. Its all in good fun tho, we talk about cars for hours at a time.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The local non-Jeepers have built their rigs to Hell and back. If it's a Bronco/Blazer it's more than likely on one tons. They want to make sure the Jeep guys don't get to pick on them for not making it up something... and if they do have trouble, they will give it eight kinds of Hell trying to get through.

I love my JK. Never was a Jeep guy until they redesigned the new girly-man interior. Traded the POS 5.0 for a two door Jeep. Then realized that being married with custody of my son and three large dogs... a two door was a dumb fking idea. Then came the 285hp 3.6... so I traded.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I hate stickers on vehicles but i like all kinds of vehicles.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals