• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my motor mount on the ds is being a pain.

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
hey guys im in the process of replacing my motor mount on the drivers side of my 95 2.3 well i have a problem right now i got the top nut free and am tryn to get at the lower nut. thats where im stuck i cant get at it to break free and take off. i saw theres a mount for this mount and i was thinkn bout just taken this off but it lookd like more of a hassel than it was worth. so iff ne one could help please do i start my new job monday and i need to finish this bfor then

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
when i did mine on my 94, i removed the whole bracket on the bottom where it attaches to the block. then have someone get a bar and roll the engine to the passenger side while you walk the motor mout and the bracket out together. assemble reverse of removal. it was kind of a pain but it was the only way i saw that would work. i think there are 3 smaller bolts underneath and 2 bigger bolts connected to the frame. i don't remember exactly, it's been a while. but when you get under there and look at it you'll understand what i mean.

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
yea i saw those ones on the bottom bracket but they were completely rusted out. the problem im gonna run into is getn those buggers off. think its possible to do this with a 3/8ths drive ratchet or is the nig noy gonna have to do this?????im bout to go in the dark and do this it has me so frustrated. i cant even get into tyhe throttle from a start without the shifter doin a reach across the truck lol.io have to be loosen some torque do to the mount being toasted. damn x and my temper. rev limiter and clutch dumpin toasted it last year.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
take a ratchet strap and hook it to the alternator or something and tie it to the frame, it'll handle the power from a 2.3 for a while... in the mean time get some liquid wrench or Blaster PB and soak the bolts holding the bracket to the frame at least once a day, I had to take the bracket off, the passenger side was more of a PIA than the drivers side, but I did the drivers side with the engine out (figured with the turbo, it wasn't going to last long)

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
actually i did mine with a 3/8 in ratchet and the bolts came right out, no fight at all. good luck.

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
yea i have a piece of pipe that im using to get leverage but its hard to move around under a truck that sits as low as a car lol

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
hahha mine and my brothers rangers... we had to cut a small notch hole in the frame, just big enough to get an extension through. do the job, then re weld the hole.

a-5 freak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What you can do is bend the pipe with a torch (mapp gas, i dont think propane will work) and bend the pipe just ever so slightly into a s bend to get the clearence youll need. this is what me and my father did when he had to replace the motor mount on his mitsubishi spyder. im not sure if that will question the structural integrity of the pipe. if that does not work, then take a ratcheting tow strap and tie it around the wrench and try to get it out like that. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS WILL WORK! just my .02.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
actually i did mine with a 3/8 in ratchet and the bolts came right out, no fight at all. good luck.
socal and new york vehicles are a lot different to work on...

me being in Oregon I used a 3/8" ratchet to do mine too, but in NY when the nuts look like a ball of rust...

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
haha ik right new york rust its one of those things. where bouts in oregon u live in dude. my dad and step mom live in rice hill right off of i5. exit 148 to b exact my grandma owns the restraunt there.

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Tigard, have been in this area most of my life, was closer to Salem the first part of my life...

rangerpimpn84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
i love up there by u its freaking sweet as hell especially the winchester bay dunes rec. area on the coast off of 39.

powerwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha some one fixed the broke driver mount with a chain on my 88 2.3 it also broke the trany mount.it flips up in revers(chain not tight)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals