• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my junk pile

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
1991 ranger 4x4 4.0L 5spd long bed
4.56 gears
33 inch bfg at's front pre ko's rears ko's
15x7 outlaw 2 rims
autohubs for the time,(they were free)still havent found the one the nephew dug a grave for. little spawn of chucky!

Autofab middle of the road d35 6inch kit w/ beam reenforcement's
all bushing's

15 3/4inches of travel passenger side steering binds on the pitman arm in bump, to much drop in the current arm(the smaller skyjacker, brain farting on part number) I belive
16inches of travel solid on the driver side

11inches bump,5inches droop

Autofab heavy duty coil buckets and height adjusters.
F-O-A resi. shock's in front.

Autofab rear leaf springs & 2link kit (2link still waiting to be installed)

custom fenders by tin snips and hack saw,soon to have a touch of grinder (take you skin in your your own hands if you lean on my truck hahaha)
stock plastic splash shields moved to the top of the inner fenders.
pinch welds on firewall and along the steel inner fender had a fight with the sledge hammer.

My over all goal with the truck is to look alot like this,even thinking of going to the older front clip...anyone got ay words of wisdom on that thought?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Lookin awesome,
And DEFINETLY the older front !!!!

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
cut the headlight buckets out of the older truck and weld them over the headlight holes in your radiator support.everything else from the gen 1 clip bolts up with creative drilling.the lights aren't near as bright though.

did the autofab kit come with the beams? are they cut and turn?

i will be chopping up an unmolested set of fender liners for the gap sort of like you did,but for the sake of tetanus shots you might fold the fender in to get rid of sharp edges.

whats your shock travel?the cost?

time for some jumpin pics!

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What did the autofab kit cost you? Love the truck and the last pic is a good truck to work off of, it looks sweet

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Looking good, nice travel & good flex pics, like the front end as is, and a prerunner bar would fit well & tucked under that nose. If the steering binds, the Superlift Superrunner steering would be a fix, or if you are ambitious & good enough to weld your own crossover steering, you could do that, too. After that, you'll hafta get new bumpstops!

I can't forget what it's called, but you can go to a hardware store and get black stripping to protect your cut fenders or ask the guys at Autozone what they have in stock.

Good luck with the build, and keep those pics coming! *thumbs up*

Pete

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
cut the headlight buckets out of the older truck and weld them over the headlight holes in your radiator support.everything else from the gen 1 clip bolts up with creative drilling.the lights aren't near as bright though.
I'll have to look in to doing it that way,swaping the front clip look is kinda on the end of the to do list still at the moment.Bit I have always just liked that clip.thank's for the ideal.IF you wire the older light's "direct" they are not to bad.

did the autofab kit come with the beams? are they cut and turn?Yep, the autofab kit comes with the beams and they are C&T.Along with a STX like bracket.Mine are also plated across the backs of them also.But thats a "extra"

i will be chopping up an unmolested set of fender liners for the gap sort of like you did,but for the sake of tetanus shots you might fold the fender in to get rid of sharp edges.NO waaaayy. I have some very large fat friends that think of nothing of leaning ass on truck and crushing fenders and such,so far this has stoped them with my truck.
Also you really dont have to cut the fender liners up as bad I did.IF you really want to keep the eng bay sealed up.I had cut those ones before when I had them still under the like factory, then when I moved them to the top it kinda goofed stuff up.but still work to keep the crud down and have all the wiring and air box etc.

whats your shock travel?the cost?They are 2.5x8's,I picked these ones up used for a really good price.New they start at 155ea for the 8's , F-O-A.com

time for some jumpin pics!Almost,still have a few things to clean up,along with getting a pair of limit straps and coil keeper plate's and set up the rear.

Last edited:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
What did the autofab kit cost you? Love the truck and the last pic is a good truck to work off of, it looks sweet
I picked up the autofab stuff at a really good price,as I found someone that had bought the kit, but then went a diffrent route. Ditched his ranger for a jeep.So I got a pretty good deal,as the kit was pretty much new.

And thank you.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Looking good, nice travel & good flex pics, like the front end as is, and a prerunner bar would fit well & tucked under that nose. If the steering binds, the Superlift Superrunner steering would be a fix, or if you are ambitious & good enough to weld your own crossover steering, you could do that, too. After that, you'll hafta get new bumpstops!

I can't forget what it's called, but you can go to a hardware store and get black stripping to protect your cut fenders or ask the guys at Autozone what they have in stock.

Good luck with the build, and keep those pics coming! *thumbs up*

Pete
A bumper will be coming here soon, as I have gotten tickets in the years past for not having one.been thinking of some ideals on how to make a simple one that will hold a skid plate as well.
The one pro I like over this clip vs the older ones is the turn signals location.
I think what my problem is with the drag link binding is the amount of drop this pitman arm has.just a tad to much.I belive I have a way to cure that for a few bucks.
I'd love a single swing (cross over) sterring set up. but I dont have the skills to make one and a 1/4 inch of travel don't warrant the money to me.But zero or very very min. bumpsteer would be a great thing...but I figure if Im going that fast it becomes a issue for me in the dirt i better start in on a cage first.

speaking of bumpstop's thats todays plan of things to attack.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

I like it.
thanks Joel.

I seen a bronco2 that could have been your twin brothers here in san diego the other day,grill head lights and all.had to do a double take knowing your in can.

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Lookin awesome,
And DEFINETLY the older front !!!!
I think your just bias lol. and yeah I love the older clips.Think its cause I have a love for the old school desert race trucks, that had a off the ford dealer look to them.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Good luck...

Triangulation would be good. :headbang:

Keeping an eye out on this build thread...keep us posted.

Pete

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
Havent really made much progress from ...way back then....*depressing*

if its not one thing its anouther it seems.between parts with bugs in them, to work being sllooowwwwwww.Or a ton of work and no time.And Of course bills always come in between those periods.

fixed the binding in the steering with a new pitman arm.this ones a tad shorter than the skyjacker arm.

the white trash wacked out front fender look is starting to fade a bit.(Special Thanks to Chad Mcneil, of Mcneiloff-road.com...real stand up guy when everything comes around,thanks for the fenders Chad!)...but dam it, now my 33's look tiny...and I kinda miss my white trash look allready.

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sorry i love your truck and your proj im dooin the same thing but thoes flairs look gay as hell

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals