• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My how to install explorer/Mountainieer steats in a single cab ranger.

Daniel C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well me and rangerman4158/brent are installing 2000 Mercury mounty seats. Powerd/heated seats. In my single cab ranger. As we all know they will not fit directly bolted up. The seat tracks on the mounty seats are too short. Weve figured out a way to make the seat tracks work. I dont have all the pictures or all the information yet. Im just posting progress as we go along. Its taking us some time to do this mod, so over a period of the next few weeks we'll be working on these seats. All right i took the measurements of both sets of seat tracks. The mounty track from left to right is 12 inches wide or across. And the length of the mounty track is 14.5 inches. The single cab Ranger seat tracks the width across is 15 inches and 18 inches length. Hopefully some of this information can be usefull to those seat guys. I have a pic thread in the show off section called mmmmm leather. But i'll post a few pics of them to post a show off pic. As we progress i'll be posting pictures and info on how we did this mod or how we do this mod rather. Basicly we dismantled my old seat tracks/seat.

Brent grinding the rivets out of the seat tracks.

and in this pic we couldnt get the rear bolt hole mount out so he had to use a ax to wedge in-between the track and the bolt hole. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last edited:

Daniel C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
And this is the finnal product we got done for the day yesterday. Sorry im just now getting to post this.

some how were gonna weld those bolt holes to the existing bolt holes. We are gonna have to grind down some of the trim of the mounty bolt holes to make them fit. Like i said i will have progress pictures up as we progress forward.

Last edited:

Daniel C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you, this week being CHRISTmas were not gonna do any moding. This is family time. And the next weekend we have a meeting in concord Mills, N.C. Maybe we can get some work done in-between. Id like to see some of you rate this post. AS im gonna do a write up when were done.

Daniel C

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looks like you got Brent doing all the manual labor. so i guess that would make you the supervisor/photographer for this project?? :icon_thumby::icon_rofl:
Ha ha yea im one of those guys who stands around while the others work. Naw he told me to grab the camera and get some shots.

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ha ha yea im one of those guys who stands around while the others work. Naw he told me to grab the camera and get some shots.
on top of the fact that i'm the one that knows what i'm doing LOL:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals