• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My First Ever Pickup Truck

stealthcb

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3L Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Whatever the FX4 package lifts it
Tire Size
17"
Greetings everyone. I just traded my 2014 Grand Cheroke Laredo on a 2022 Ranger XLT. Well, I started the process January 7th, and just picked it up May 2nd. The GC was a pavement queen, and while it performed well enough when called upon, I could tell it was not made for the fire roads and jeep trails I had to navigate to reach mountain biking trailheads at tinmes. This truck won't have that issue, thanks to the FX-4 kit on it.

I am a retired USAF NCO (did 20 years of all-source intelligence analysis for the AF), who now does imagery intelligence analysis as an Army civlian. I am a mountain biker, and can't wait to take the Ranger off-roading for the first time net weekend, when aq friend and I aregoing to shuttle up Pike's Peak, then ride down via some janky trails. I'm not the best MTBer on the map, but it's more than just a hobby to me. It's a weapon in my arsenal of things used to fight my Parkinsons Disease. I was diagnosed in November 2015, and my wife at the time left me the following April, saying shje didn't think I would survive having the disease. I dedicated myself tio beating--or at least slowing the advance of the disease, and since the ONLY thing proven to slow or stop it is exercise, mountain biking went form something I did for fun to something (along with martial arts and lifting) that I could not live without.

So here I am today, 7 years later, still riding and stil fighting. Here's what I have to say to her: ,,!,, ,,!,,

But anyway, I am also an author with two published novels and a little over a dozen published short stories. I have four kids, all grown, and a super-cool fiancee who doesn't even see my disease when she looks at me.

That's me, in summary. Greetings!

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Welcome! Good choice ditching the jeep for a Ranger.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, but you seem to have a badass attitude about it.. keep up the good fight.

dirtymike

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger lwb
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1 inch spacers
Tire Size
P23575R15
My credo
Do unto others then Split-probasti me et chognuisti me
Nasty f'in disease, watch my aunt fight it in her 80's. Tough woman. No one carried her. We all came a close nit family. One hurt the other hollered ouch. Funny thing is she never looked no different to us! Dirty

stealthcb

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3L Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Tire Size
17"
Welcome! Good choice ditching the jeep for a Ranger.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, but you seem to have a badass attitude about it.. keep up the good fight.
The Jeep was becoming a reliability question mark, and was worth more in trade than I thought it would be, so I pulled the trigger.

And thanks! PD is a nastyPOS, so I look at myself as the French resistance in WWII...can't STOP the Nazis, but I can slow 'em down long enough for the allies to arrive.

stealthcb

U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Size
2.3L Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
Tire Size
17"
Nasty f'in disease, watch my aunt fight it in her 80's. Tough woman. No one carried her. We all came a close nit family. One hurt the other hollered ouch. Funny thing is she never looked no different to us! Dirty
I am 56. Diagnosed at 49, so almost half your aunt's age. Sounds like she was tougher than I am...I can't imagine if I'd found out in my 80s. And your fam is awesome for letting it pull you all closer together like that.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Congrats on the new Ranger. The New Rangers are pretty capable... they might even get you into places you might not want to be. Lol...

Having been diagnosed with the C word early this year and undergoing treatments related to it... I feel similar to you on ways to maintain preventative approach to things moving forward. The single biggest thing I've done is a complete diet makeover. The food you eat is critical to health.

Welcome to TRS...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals