• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My December Luck Worsens

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
as some of you have read in my old build thread, i totaled my '98 ranger on 3 december while drinking and driving. since then, i'm proud to say, i haven't drank and driven since, but anyways..

last night i was fooling around with a buddy of mine, just trading punches back and forth to the arms and i took a step too far back and rolled into a bonfire. i don't have any pictures at this time, but believe me when i say my entire right arm is severely burnt. i have to go to the tampa burn center tomorrow to get it looked at and figure out what they have to do about it. thankfully, it's just my arm and didn't get my face or anything. the worst part is the heel of my palm where i put my hand down to push myself up out of the fire. greaaaaaat. i might just need a skin graft, i hope they don't take the skin from my ass.

good news is look what i bought on monday :icon_thumby: i'm sorry it isn't a ranger....

but it's a bored .030 over 302ci carbed with a four barrel edelbrock.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
close enough. if its a truck, and theres a blue oval on the front, i support it.

hope all goes well!

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good, lay off the booze!

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
wrecked a lot of stuff from drinking and driving....and got in a lot of legal trouble too,so i know where you're coming from.

i still drink,but if i've so much as sniffed a bottle cap i don't get behind the wheel anymore.it was a long,expensive lesson.

i've done the drunken fall in the fire routine too.fortunately,there was someone that was quick enough to pull my sorry ass back out in time that i didn't get hurt bad,but i did get the blistered palm.

so,take some advice from someone who's been there.....have fun,but the truck aint no place to be when you're half cut.i've lost some friends that way,and friends have almost lost me.it aint worth it.

93rangerXLT4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
hmm interested, i totalled my 93 ranger december 17th from drinking and driving. got too close to the yellow line in the road and clipped a car driver's corner to driver's corner, busted the wheel hit the ditch and snapped a power pole at the bottom, (kind of like cutting a tree down with a chainsaw).. just me in the truck and there was 1-2 people in the car which are fine, i got some bruised lungs and stuff but im fine too..

i guess we'll see how long and expensive that road is unfortunately. ICBC wont give me nothing for the truck because i got charged with D and D.

right back on topic!!! didnt mean to jack your thread haha:D. glad your alright. did you happen to get any pics of your truck after the accident??

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i've got some pics of the old truck after i wrecked it, i'll get 'em up in a few days. but i just bought insurance today from USAA and i'm picking up the bronco tomorrow and driving it back home, so that keeps me excited through the 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my entire arm lol

i have to see the plastic surgeon on monday, my doctor said the only spot that looks like i'll need a graft is my palm. he popped and drained the blisters today so it feels better already.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hmm interested, i totalled my 93 ranger december 17th from drinking and driving. got too close to the yellow line in the road and clipped a car driver's corner to driver's corner, busted the wheel hit the ditch and snapped a power pole at the bottom, (kind of like cutting a tree down with a chainsaw).. just me in the truck and there was 1-2 people in the car which are fine, i got some bruised lungs and stuff but im fine too..
i'm glad you're okay, man. looks like we both need to follow gwaii's advice and not touch the wheel after alcohol. i can't drink for a while anyways cause of the pain meds they've got me on for the arm.

pontiac_fiero_g

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1988
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 pos/2.9
Transmission
Manual
i love the bronco but i hope that you didnt get any insurance money for the wreck. and i think anybody who drives drunk is a huge piece of shit for risking the lives of everybody around them. and i think the fire deal might have been karma kicking your ass for being and ididot

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
no, i didn't get any money from the wreck. i had only the minimum liability insurance on it. i've taken my licks and learned my lessons.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals