• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My current project

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
This is a 57 T Bird I'm working on for a friend. It has a fairly stout 351 with aluminum heads and a Mass Flo injection system, an AOD, a 9" with a Detroit locker, and a split brake system with an electric brake booster. The guy who started the project and was doing a nice job died, then his family sold it to a pawn shop that has someone cobble it up. I'm trying to get things sorted out but it's been a challenge because everywhere I look I find more hack jobs. Chafed and corroded wires every where, the positive battery cable was pinched every time the hood latch was pulled, the oil pan and oil filter were resting on the front crossmember, just to name a few things. It's a great looking car and runs strong at WOT.
yellow bird 2.JPG

ford4wd08

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Wow, that is a looker. I like that hood. That is a sweet ride.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
55-57 T birds look great but I'm 5'9" and I have trouble getting in and out without cracking my head. That's why I dropped the top while working under the dash.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I'd say they picked the right guy to fix it up...

Cool project Walt.

justlexi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4x4 Wildtrak
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Any update with regards to this project?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
I finished it as far as I'm going, at least for this year and gave it back. I got the electric brake booster working but I had to solder over my face to reconnect the wires to the bottom of the unit, which was located under the master cylinder. I basically rebuilt the throttle cable brackets, remounted the gas pedal to allow full throttle, replaced the radiator and reworked the electric fan so the blade didn't drag on the motor- it had melted the connector- and modified the mounts to better fit it on the radiator, modified a new right engine mount to fit and installed it, rewired the gear reduction starter so it didn't stay engaged after starting, removed the throttle body and ground the right rear corner so the ACT sensor plug wouldn't hit it, rebuilt the air cleaner lower section so the MAF was actually attached to it instead of siliconed in place and so that it didn't rub on the #3 plug wire anymore, cleaned the throttle body and IAC, adjusted the base Idle and TP sensor, cleaned and reattached at least 6 grounds and repaired and heat shrinked more wiring than I can remember. And many other smaller repairs. It needs a wiring harness and that may happen in the spring.

onequerl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This is a 57 T Bird I'm working on for a friend. It has a fairly stout 351 with aluminum heads and a Mass Flo injection system, an AOD, a 9" with a Detroit locker, and a split brake system with an electric brake booster. The guy who started the project and was doing a nice job died, then his family sold it to a pawn shop that has someone cobble it up. I'm trying to get things sorted out but it's been a challenge because everywhere I look I find more hack jobs. Chafed and corroded wires every where, the positive battery cable was pinched every time the hood latch was pulled, the oil pan and oil filter were resting on the front crossmember, just to name a few things. It's a great looking car and runs strong at WOT.View attachment 50027
Good luck on the project. Love everything about it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals