• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My budget went out the window, so i need some parts help.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, need some clarification on a few parts, maybe some can help. I have a long list of parts coming, and need to figure out what im missing. I kinda want to bolt it all together without missing things.

I am going with Deaver F31's, id like to flip my hanger, use a kartek 1.5" drop hanger and a new shackle. How long of a shackle should i use? I was told a 6" eye-eye, but cant confirm anything being where i live.

What travel is the pack rated for? I was thinking of using a 14" shock with bedcage, would this be fine? I was going to go for a 2.0x14" non resi.

Valving? any idea what a good start is for an empty bed ranger flipped shackle on f31's?

Does anybody have tips for the 2.0 camburg upgrade kit on their 5.5? havent done one, not sure the best way to cut the top cap off.

i still need to order hangers, perches, u bolts, brake lines, shim kit, seals, brakes, limit straps and maybe one or two other things.

Oh, bedsides. am i better to drill the spot welds or keep some of the stock bedside up top? I want matching body lines, so drilling spot welds is fine if its needed, just curious for strength.

I'll have more but for now whatever you know that can help, helps me! :icon_thumby:

doyouquaxu

Reaction score
Hey, need some clarification on a few parts, maybe some can help. I have a long list of parts coming, and need to figure out what im missing. I kinda want to bolt it all together without missing things.

I am going with Deaver F31's, id like to flip my hanger, use a kartek 1.5" drop hanger and a new shackle. How long of a shackle should i use? I was told a 6" eye-eye, but cant confirm anything being where i live.

What travel is the pack rated for? I was thinking of using a 14" shock with bedcage, would this be fine? I was going to go for a 2.0x14" non resi.

Valving? any idea what a good start is for an empty bed ranger flipped shackle on f31's?

Does anybody have tips for the 2.0 camburg upgrade kit on their 5.5? havent done one, not sure the best way to cut the top cap off.

i still need to order hangers, perches, u bolts, brake lines, shim kit, seals, brakes, limit straps and maybe one or two other things.

Oh, bedsides. am i better to drill the spot welds or keep some of the stock bedside up top? I want matching body lines, so drilling spot welds is fine if its needed, just curious for strength.

I'll have more but for now whatever you know that can help, helps me! :icon_thumby:
6", 7". With a 7" you may need to move the hangar back so the front holes line up with the rear holes on the frame. Kartek carries ours.

14-15". Shock length depends how it's mounted, mostly the angle. Vertical (1" suspension travel to 1" shock movement) would mean a 14" shock gets you 14". At an angle means something like a 14" shock could get more travel (like 19" from a giant 64 kit using a 16" shock for example)

Full 8's on rebound. Fox shocks right? #30 on rebound, #55 or 60 on compression. That's just an estimate.

I cut the cap off with a sawzall. Took a minute or two. Valving, around 15's on compression and rebound. If fox, #80, 85, or 90 on compression and the same for rebound. Again, just an estimate.

aaron88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
kind of a 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'd run a 16in 2.5. If price isn't an issue by all means run fox, king or sway aways but FOAs are good shocks and I've had great luck with mine. When you angle the shocks a lot it makes them work harder excessive heat=fading. With that being said I ran 2.0 14s on my old ranger and it worked pretty good but I found myself wanting more so I stepped up to a 2.5 16 and was a lot happier. I had .10s on rebound and .30 on compression. That was with a 28gal fuel cell, 35in spare and fiberglass bedsides valving really depends on the weight of the truck in question.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
good info. i will have my shocks angled, and im not running whoops for miles on end so they will stay cool. im really just trying to find good valving specs for an empty bed ranger with deavers and flipped shackle. thats my only hold off on shocks. as for brand, ill stick with 4 corner fox's as the front are already fox remote resi's.

seems like 8's on rebound and 10's on compression are what im finding will work, and if your going to go nuts jump to 12's compression. for a daily driver/weekend toy, i may go with those numbers. thoughts?

front shocks are 2.0x8 remote resi factory series, valved to 60/40 as per where scott from camburg felt would be a good start.

so backs im looking for something like a 30/60 valving?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals