• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My AR Build

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have the primary arms micro dot...more or less the same thing as the bushnell trs-25.

Works well for the price range, haven't had and zero issues even after taking it on/off.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
havent done anything else to the gun, still havent shot it either, been too busy. hopefully this weekend though. been buying ammo and mags instead upgrading anything.

i'm going to build a AR10 next using an 80% lower. found a good deal on one for $150. i'll be using this to do it.

after a quick google search, it appears it's a Enco GL-30B from 78-79. it was my wifes grandpas. he was an engineer of some sort. has an old shop with a bunch of cool stuff in it. i get my pick of everything next time we go up.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Belt driven, variable speed drill press... That's cool! :icon_thumby:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i know man, first time i saw it i started scheming about how i could finagle it into my possession. finally worked out. only thing is, i cant find the top cover, i dont know what happened to it. maybe it's in the shop somewhere.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
4.0B2 updated his AR page, so I decided to update mine as well.

i did a shitty job on the first duracoat paintjob i did, i didnt like the color either. so i took the rifle compeltely apart, stripped everything and painted it again with magpul FDE duracoat. much better job this time. it's not flaking off anywhere, yet lol.

i've put 70 rounds through it so far with all sorts of different ammo and it hasnt failed to fire or not cycled. so far so good.

i was also a little worried about it blowing up. i never had the head space checked by a gunsmith. i read on a bunch of forums about whether i needed to or not. it's like a chevy vs ford argument. 50% say you should and 50% say you dont.

so what i did was take the assembled upper off. took about the BCG, put a live round in the chamber and then put the BCG back in. you want the back of the BCG to be flush with the back of the upper receiver. you dont want it sticking out, or going too far in. mine was flush, so i said F it and shot it anyhow.

so what i've gathered is that if you used ALL mil-spec, brand new parts, you should NOT have an issue with headspace. when the barrel is made, they check the headspace when the barrel extension is pressed in. which makes sense if you think about it. you'd have to wayyyy overtighten the barrel nut in order to create too much headspace. or have a barrel manufacturer that let one slip out the door being wrong.

next up is a red dot. i've narrowed it down to the primary arms red dot or the lucid h7 above. too many choices. irons work fine for now though. i also put out an xmas present request for a new muzzle brake. the A2 sucks IMO.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
update on the rifle

got a scope for it finally, it's a Weaver Kapsa 1.5-6x, going to shoot it/zero it for the first time today. we'll see how it works. i plan on using it for deer hunting only, still planning on some sort of red dot

got some magpul grips at the last gun show, i really like them. good grip and it makes the rail fit my big ass hands a lot better.

got a new muzzle device too. it's a YHM 5C2 (i think). it's a flash suppressor and a compensator according to them. testing it out later today.

mostly just been buying ammo for it. found a few good deals at the last gun show. put about 250 rounds through it, so far so good. no failures or explosions, hope it stays that way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals