• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 88 could use a new home... I'm in southwest PA

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm posting here rather than in the for sale forum as I would rather just have a place to park it for awhile rather than to sell it... but if I have to I'll sell it.

What it comes down to is that my Ranger got wrecked awhile ago when I slid off the road. I'm not sure yet if it's worth fixing or not. Even if it is worth fixing, it's gonna be awhile before I can fix it. I figured that I could drive my choptop in the mean time, but I'm having trouble getting it inspected (I've been told that there are new laws that make it nearly impossible to get a lifted truck inspected around here). Plus I had a large tree branch fall on it and do some damage with those bad winds we've been having. So I'm looking at getting another truck to drive until I can do something about my pickup an my choptop. But to do that I've been told that I have to get rid of my 88 and my 89 ranger cab along with all my spare parts. The parts an Ranger cab are going in my shed (or at least they will as soon as I can get through all the mud to get them put in the shed), but the 88 needs a place to go. And it has to go within the next month or so.

Truck does not run, I have a 4.0 in and bolted up, just never puzzled out the wiring yet to make it go. Interior carpet is trashed, there's a water leak behind the dash on the passenger side. Seats are good but could use a cleaning. Some rust holes here an there that need patched up. Like I said, I'd like to just have a place to stick it till I can get things under control around here. I figure if it can disappear for a couple months, I have intentions of building a carport to stick it in over the summer. If I have to sell it to get it out of here, then so be it. I'd like to see a couple hundred for it if it has to be sold, I have over $250 into doing the 4.0 swap and I have more than that into the truck itself, but I'm not expecting to get all of my money since it doesn't run.

Any takers to help me out? I can transport it if need be...

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
wish I had the space to help you out. Here is an idea though.....

look at the self storage places. Some of them have outdoor storage for cars. The one by my has several places open and I think they come really cheap.

James

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hey, how ya been man?

I'll have to check into that... but it may not work out all that well for me until I can find some steady work...

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
I understand about the work. I've been laid off since mid-Dec.

I've been crazy busy. We are having our first kid, due early June, and I've been in a mode. I feel like if I don't get it done before the kid, I am never going to get it done. Of course being laid off hasn't help the money flow very well. I REALLY wanted to do my motor this winter, now its Feb and I haven't even started it.

James

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I understand about the work. I've been laid off since mid-Dec.

I've been crazy busy. We are having our first kid, due early June, and I've been in a mode. I feel like if I don't get it done before the kid, I am never going to get it done. Of course being laid off hasn't help the money flow very well. I REALLY wanted to do my motor this winter, now its Feb and I haven't even started it.

James
Yea, that's about the time I got laid off... cept I knew it was coming, boss was looking to retire and it's about impossible to find decent employees for doing construction work (small company, I was the last remaining employee). Been looking for work but there just ain't much out there right now.

Congrats on the kid! Soon as I get things squared away an get a decent driveable vehicle again, if you need help for a day or something, let me know.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals