• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My '64 International stepside

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
I think those old corn binders were pretty much bastards. They just take whatever they could find left over from other manufactures and piece them together it depenfs on what they could get that month sometimes. If you want to keep it stock just swap a drive train from the same year from any manufacturer and make it fit you will be pretty close.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think those old corn binders were pretty much bastards. They just take whatever they could find left over from other manufactures and piece them together it depenfs on what they could get that month sometimes. If you want to keep it stock just swap a drive train from the same year from any manufacturer and make it fit you will be pretty close.
Axles, tranny's and t-cases probably. But then did Ford GM or Dodge always use in all in house powertrain componants? No they did not, Even today they do not. I know IH always used their own engines... which are very good for a truck.

If you want to keep it stock, swapping in a powertrain from a different breed is not the route to go... kinda makes it hard to call stock with a Ford, Chevy or Mopar engine.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
But then did Ford GM or Dodge always use in all in house powertrain componants? No they did not, Even today they do not.
Hold your tongue on that...Ford is the ONLY one of the three that uses a Ford engine, Ford trans and Ford axle (2WD). Chevy uses an isuzu engine with an Allison trans, Dodge uses Cummings engines with Allison trannies...
SVT

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hold your tongue on that...Ford is the ONLY one of the three that uses a Ford engine, Ford trans and Ford axle (2WD). Chevy uses an isuzu engine with an Allison trans, Dodge uses Cummings engines with Allison trannies...
SVT
At any rate they have been no stranger to outsourcing parts throughout the years though. :icon_thumby:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
That, sir, you are correct. But Ford is getting back on track and not taking a stimulus or outside source's BS. In 20 or so years, chevy and dodge will be like a datsun compared to a Super Duty....
SVT

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That, sir, you are correct. But Ford is getting back on track and not taking a stimulus or outside source's BS. In 20 or so years, chevy and dodge will be like a datsun compared to a Super Duty....
SVT
I didn't mean overseas outsourcing specifically, but buying stuff from other companies.

Dana/Spicer, ZF, New-Process, Borg-Warner... my old Ranger came with a Dana front axle and a BW transfer case from the factory. And if it didn't come with Fords best guess at an automatic trans (A4LD) it would have had a Japanese manual of some sort.

Last edited:

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Powerstroke is by international..isn't it? Why would you knock chevy and dodge for using other companies stuff. Why have them make it themselves when it's not as quality as say, cummins engines are.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Powerstroke is by international..isn't it? Why would you knock chevy and dodge for using other companies stuff. Why have them make it themselves when it's not as quality as say, cummins engines are.
It would be comical if Dodge tried to make their own diesel engines. :icon_rofl:

Ford made some of the best diesels of their time back in the day, don't see any reason why they can't again. The new 6.7 Ford Powerstroke has been a pretty good engine.

Last edited:

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It would be comical if Dodge tried to make their own diesel engines. :icon_rofl:

Ford made some of the best diesels of their time back in the day, don't see any reason why they can't again. The new 6.7 Ford Powerstroke has been a pretty good engine.
Might suck, might not. since about...2004 all my parents have owned are dodge/Chrysler vehicles. 1st was our truck, we still have it. it's got like 165k on a cummins engine with no major problems at all ( auto :( ) only had 2 sets of tires on it too. stock set got us 100k miles.

next was a like 99-200ish caravan. drove that till the guy we sold it to said "it would die on the way home" my dad was like i'd drive that thing across the state and not worry.

then like a 2002 caravan. my mom drove that for a while with no problems, sold it to start their business.

then a 2001 caravan which my mom drives atm. bodys kinda beat up but its got like 133k and runs like a champ. it sat outside for like 2 years before we got it.

then a 2002 neon which we still have it has 172k on it and needs a few things and is rusting out..but it had no rust when we bought it and it sits outside and i drive it 45 miles daily and have since last year with no problems at all. i think we bought it in like 2008 with 120k on it.

so don't underestimate dodges. :headbang:

BTW Nice IH Truck. I'm a noobie i've never even heard of IH Trucks before. ( only like semi's )

Last edited:

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
BTW Nice IH Truck. I'm a noobie i've never even heard of IH Trucks before. ( only like semi's )
Thanks man, once I get the money....:c-n:

I already know what I'm going to do with it! :headbang:

:icon_cheers:
B2

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so don't underestimate dodges. :headbang:
I greatly despise dealing with my grandmother's 2000 Durango, the thing is one big rolling pile of stupid I wouldn't trust any farther than I could throw it.

I don't know how many times I have heard a diesel clanking away awkwardly in a parking lot and after a brief search when I can't see anything that would be a diesel an older chrysler van or car is what is doing it. The times it is any other breed (than a diesel VW of course) is pretty slim.

I guess you might say I have been underestimating them for years and it has served me pretty well to date. My grandfather has a '70 Dodge D200 that is pretty nice, but that was from like two bankruptcies ago. It does take a special kinda talent to do that twice and still be in business though.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
there's only pics in post one??? really???? come on now...

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
there's only pics in post one??? really???? come on now...
Lol, that's all I got right now.... I can't afford to do anything to it yet so it just sits in it's safe spot, waiting..:c-n:

Here's some pics to look at...:icon_twisted:

:icon_cheers:
B2

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
That is the furthest from true statement i have ever seen , yes they did go to other manufacturers for their Transmissions , T-case and Axles , but what truck back then did not come with at least 1 Dana made Axle assemble , and back then there were 2 T-Case manufacturers , Dana and New Process , as for engines , the IH's Ran 3 Makes of Engines , the ran IH 152's , 196's , 304's , 345's and 392's , they ran AMC 258's and they ran a Nissan Diesel for 1 year

Axles, tranny's and t-cases probably. But then did Ford GM or Dodge always use in all in house powertrain componants? No they did not, Even today they do not. I know IH always used their own engines... which are very good for a truck.

If you want to keep it stock, swapping in a powertrain from a different breed is not the route to go... kinda makes it hard to call stock with a Ford, Chevy or Mopar engine.
First Part , the part about axles/tranny's/t-cases is true , I know they ran Dana T-cases , and they ran Dana 27's in the Scouts , Dana 44's in the Scout II's and 1100 and 1200 series Trucks , and Dana 60's in the 1300's , any bigger and they ran an in house axles , the engines part is partially incorrect though

until this year for never made their own Diesel Engine , always has been an IH engine (the 6.7 is an IH Design , but Ford won the Blueprints and the Powerstroke Name in a court case)

yes I am an IH Nut , my uncles currently has 9 Scout II's and a Scout 800 , If I tried to count all the Scout II's he has had since his first one I would run out of fingers and toes

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals