• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mutt dog truck I need help on.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I am sorta making a mutt dog truck and I ran into a few snags.
The chassis and drivetrain is a 92 Ranger 4x4 4.0L extended cab auto
The body is a 96 Ranger 2wd 2.3L extended cab stick.
I am using all the interior minus door panels from the 92 ranger including column.

So I ran into a few problems while trying to swap the cab over to the chassis.

#1: I want to keep the 96 A/C since it is already R134A where as the 92 is R12. Can I use the 92 A/C controls with no problems or am I going to have to modify the 96 A/C controls to fit the 92 dash? Will I even be able to have A/C in this truck? If not I don't care (I would like it though) but I defiantly need a heater in it.

#2: I need to use the entire wiring harness for the 92 engine and trans but question is what do I do about the tail lights? The 96 tail lights have 3 bulbs the 92 only has 2. Can I just plug the 96 tail light harness into the 92 main harness or is it different? They look the same but I can't tell if the wires are different. Am I going to have to custom wire up the tail lights?
I already have the headlight situation taken care of.

#3 I want to use the 96 door panels and the 92 dash. Am I going to have interference with this setup?

#4 Is the windshield and back window from the 92 the same as the 96 cab?

#5 I have two sets of seats. One came from a 98+ truck and one came from the 92. The 98 seats are vinyl which me and my brother likes (that's who the truck is for) but I am not sure if they will fit. They are 60/40 with the filp middle seat (no console). Can I run the 98+ seats or am I forced to run the 92 seats?
I am not worried about drilling new holes or the fact that the seats are gray and the rest of the interior is tan (I have that same mix in our 84 Bronco 2 and it is to close to matter to us).

Don't worry if you have all the answers or not I just need to get these problems situated so would love everybody's opinion, information, and all those goodies.

Please don't hate on me for making a mutt dog ranger I had this good 92 chassis and found a decent 96 ranger and personally I like the 92 drive train more then the 96 rangers.
Trav

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals