• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mustang wheels on 02 ranger?

memphis19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im getting ready to drop my 02 ranger with the djm 4/5 kit. im wanting to do a wider wheel in rear. wheels i have found i like are 17x9 and 17x10. is this possible? if not what is the widest wheel front and rear i can run?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Shouldn't have any issues, as long as they're the typical offset for pre 05 mustangs. You may need to run a spacer on the front to avoid tire rubbing, just depends what tire size you're planning on, and what the offset of the wheels is.
Here's my truck lowered 4/5 with 18X9's in front and 18X10's in the rear

memphis19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you truck looks sharp! as i know of the back spacing on the ones im looking at are like 6 to 6.5 inches of backspacing. thats the back wheels. do you know what the most i can do on the fron and rear without spacer's?

memphis19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok im going to run 18s and my tire size is going to bein the front is going to be 245/40r18 and in the rear will be 285/35/r18. will these be ok?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok im going to run 18s and my tire size is going to bein the front is going to be 245/40r18 and in the rear will be 285/35/r18. will these be ok?
I'd say those tire sizes will be fine. I'm running a 35 series in front and rear, but if I had to do it again, I'd go with a 40 series in the front. You might have to run a spacer to clear the hub (just depends on the wheels), or avoid rubbing the control arms, but other than that, it should work.

not to thread jack but stmitch you got a showoff/build thread?
I've got some more pics here, nothing special: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102433

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Just bought some 17 Mustang wheels to use on my truck. Will be using either a 245/65R17 ( have a test tire right now to test clearance) or a 235/65R17. Rather than using a spacer (not comfortable with them) I am just going to cut a hole in the front centercaps to clear the hubs

If you not sure on tires, before you buy, go to a tire shop and ask for a tire in the size you want out of their trash/recyle pile. They may even mount it for free if you say you dont need it balanced or anything

memphis19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for all the advice, this is my first ford and i am learning the ford world. the big brakes you have on your truck.....is it a kit from baer brakes or did they come off another car or truck? not sure what swaps off other rides.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to help! Be sure and let us know what you end up with, and post some pics!
The brakes (calipers and rotors) are factory Ford pieces from an 03 Mustang Cobra. The rears were added using a slightly modified kit from Ford racing. The fronts require custom billet caliper brackets, and custom machined hubs. It was a pretty much bolt on deal though once the pieces were made. Had some custom braided stainless brake lines made, and that was it.
They're probably my favorite mod so far. Followed closely by the hood. That could all get shuffled around though once I get my Whipple supercharger installed in the next few weeks :headbang:

memphis19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
awsome.....cant wait to see pics and thanks again. ill post pics as soon as i get my wheel and lowered!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals