• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mustang Disc Conversion Spacing Issue

GavinAF

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I purchased the SN95 brake bracket from North Racecars as well sourcing the calipers/rotors/pads and making sure they were the GT/V6 variant. I've been attempting to mount the caliper to the bracket but when trying to do so I barely get the bolt into the caliper's bracket before it gets caught on the rotor, as can be seen in the picture. I've looked through the How-To article many times as well as looking through other help threads and pictures but it seems I'm putting it together correctly to me. If anyone knows what I'm doing incorrectly, has any ideas or can spot what I'm missing that would be great. Any help is appreciated. 20200831_142949.jpg

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
first you need to center the caliper to the rotor then add spacers between the sn95 bracket and the axle / adapter bracket.

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
+1. I used the factory Mustang brackets modified as several here showed how to do. I still had to shim one by .060 and the other by .120. Plenty of length in the factory bolt and perfectly centered now. Looks like your aftermarket brackets will need thicker spacers. Once established , you could tack ( or fully) weld the spacers in place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals