• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Muffler setup

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
2x4 on 4x4 Factory Chassis
Tire Size
235/75/15
Like a part number for the mufflers? I got them on Summit.
Cherry Bomb Glasspack Mufflers 87522CB
Part Number: IMM-87522CB
Image is grey but it’s red.
Thank you. Have you installed them? If so, how do you like the sound. I too am from FL, when I'm not on the road.

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
Thank you. Have you installed them? If so, how do you like the sound. I too am from FL, when I'm not on the road.
No, I have not installed them yet, but they are up next. I take it that it will be a lot louder since compared to what I have now, it’s a lot less muffling.
Right now I have a single 36” from the same brand, also 2.5” and it is great sounding, very deep. My current muffler is not welded, just JB welded and clamped. But if you want something easy to install and more “real truck” sounding I would recommend that.

Attachments

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
I had glass paks on my 65 mustang. It was awesome. Had straight pipes on my 79 chevy stepside, it was sweet too. Straight pipes on the 89 325i were badass too. And, the stinger on my 70 karmann ghia was cool too but since i have to wear hearing aides now, i kind if wish i had went with a more muffled exhaust

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
No, I have not installed them yet, but they are up next. I take it that it will be a lot louder since compared to what I have now, it’s a lot less muffling.
Right now I have a single 36” from the same brand, also 2.5” and it is great sounding, very deep. My current muffler is not welded, just JB welded and clamped. But if you want something easy to install and more “real truck” sounding I would recommend that.
Thanks.
I prefer the deeper sound, especially on a six. I had glass packs on a big block road runner when I bought it and switched over to hush thrush. Definitely admired that sound a lot more and not sure it would be a good choice for a six banger. A little too expensive for experimentation, only to chuck it.

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
Thanks.
I prefer the deeper sound, especially on a six. I had glass packs on a big block road runner when I bought it and switched over to hush thrush. Definitely admired that sound a lot more and not sure it would be a good choice for a six banger. A little too expensive for experimentation, only to chuck it.
The part number for the image I sent is WLK-24214. It was 25$ when I got it, now it’s 40… I can’t send a video over the forum, but it is deep sounding. I sprayed it black. If you wanted to keep the factory exit location I’m sure you could, but I had it dump under the cap facing the passenger side. I did 2.5” and used an adapter, but you could get a 2.0” one too.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
The part number for the image I sent is WLK-24214. It was 25$ when I got it, now it’s 40… I can’t send a video over the forum, but it is deep sounding. I sprayed it black. If you wanted to keep the factory exit location I’m sure you could, but I had it dump under the cap facing the passenger side. I did 2.5” and used an adapter, but you could get a 2.0” one too.
Thanks much. So I think you're saying the stock pipe diameter after the cat is 2"? I tired to measure what I had and it looks to be 2.25?

I found a hush thrush for $57 and went to this site for a set of tailpipes (muffler delete). They offer a 2 chamber muffler so I inquired what muffler bran they use. I'll see what they come back with, if anything.

Thanks again for the feedback.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had glass paks on my 65 mustang. It was awesome. Had straight pipes on my 79 chevy stepside, it was sweet too. Straight pipes on the 89 325i were badass too. And, the stinger on my 70 karmann ghia was cool too but since i have to wear hearing aides now, i kind if wish i had went with a more muffled exhaust
Wear ear plugs. It's what I do when I ride my three bikes. They're loud, even with ear plugs.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
That would have been good back in the 90s and early 2k but its to late now. On the hearing test scale, i have zero in the 3k range. The scale is supposed to look like a line dropping at 45 degree angle, not a line with a dip to zero at 3k and than climbs back up around 2k to continue the line.

That and running a jack hammer alot, and being the m60 guy, which was awesome

MSGia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4, 5
Tire Size
Thanks much. So I think you're saying the stock pipe diameter after the cat is 2"? I tired to measure what I had and it looks to be 2.25?

I found a hush thrush for $57 and went to this site for a set of tailpipes (muffler delete). They offer a 2 chamber muffler so I inquired what muffler bran they use. I'll see what they come back with, if anything.

Thanks again for the feedback.
I can measure again, but I think the catalytic pipes are 2.25”, but after that it’s 2” all the way out. But go by your own measurements not mine 😂

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That would have been good back in the 90s and early 2k but its to late now. On the hearing test scale, i have zero in the 3k range. The scale is supposed to look like a line dropping at 45 degree angle, not a line with a dip to zero at 3k and than climbs back up around 2k to continue the line.

That and running a jack hammer alot, and being the m60 guy, which was awesome
Yah. Mine is the same. Still, must protect what little I have left. My right ear is gone entirely.

Fast Eddie

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
235/75/15
I can measure again, but I think the catalytic pipes are 2.25”, but after that it’s 2” all the way out. But go by your own measurements not mine 😂
Sorry for the disconnect. The muffler inlet and outlet seem to be 2.25. The pipes measure @ 2.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals