• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

More Bronco hear say.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm so god damn tired of limp wristed overly sensitive Americans. What happened to the spirit of fuk you?

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
I read Ford will delay the release of the Bronco until 2021 because of delays caused by the Coronavirus. There must be a supply chain issue on parts.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I read Ford will delay the release of the Bronco until 2021 because of delays caused by the Coronavirus. There must be a supply chain issue on parts.
Already covered that 2 pages ago... Ford has locked down all unnecessary travel.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
It was always a 2021 program...

They did delay the revel that was going to take place on Wednesday. Will probably be another month or two before the do an official release of the product.

Saddle Tramp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'm still looking forward to seeing the thing. I'm not going to buy one, but I'm interested in potential platform sharing with the next Ranger.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I'm still looking forward to seeing the thing. I'm not going to buy one, but I'm interested in potential platform sharing with the next Ranger.
I'm sure there will be some packaging issues... but I would expect what you see on the Bronco will most likely be available in the New Ranger.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I should clarify...

If i had any symptoms...obviously i would do the right thing and self quarintine. But im not gonna lock myself away for months voluntararly like some sort of hermit.

No. Maybe its that southern rebel blood i got inside me...but ill be damned if im gonna live my life (for any length of time) in fear.

Im to stubborn to be brought down by some virus.
Word of advice: follow what ever measures the authorities put in place. For the same reason that you lock your house and truck. For the same reason you wear your seatbelt.

I don't live in fear, either. But here in Saskatchewan, measures have been put in place, and I will <censored> follow them. Why? Because IT'S RIGHT.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Word of advice: follow what ever measures the authorities put in place. For the same reason that you lock your house and truck. For the same reason you wear your seatbelt.

I don't live in fear, either. But here in Saskatchewan, measures have been put in place, and I will <censored> follow them. Why? Because IT'S RIGHT.
I do lock my house but not my truck. If they want something bad enough theyll just smash the window and then ill be out a window and whatever they steal.

Im not a child anymore. I dont need nannies telling me what to do.

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
Already covered that 2 pages ago... Ford has locked down all unnecessary travel.
Sorry, I either missed that post or probably had a brain fart and forgot.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm over the new bronco as much as the corona virus. Based on the pics that have leaked you pretty much can tell what it's gonna be. It's not gonna be what everyone is wanting. Ford wont play that game. They need a HUGE aftermarket selection for this new bronco since the stock parts probably wont cut it in real world trail riding.

Still wanting the Troller t4….. That's more of a bronco than an actual bronco.

Guarantee a bronco couldn't do half what the troller does.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I do lock my house but not my truck. If they want something bad enough theyll just smash the window and then ill be out a window and whatever they steal.

Im not a child anymore. I dont need nannies telling me what to do.
A -lot- of the people infected are showing no symptoms. That's why this has been so hard to slow down. Thinking you aren't sick isn't enough at the moment. Until we can get the reinfection rate down dramatically, this will continue to grow very quickly.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I'm over the new bronco as much as the corona virus. Based on the pics that have leaked you pretty much can tell what it's gonna be. It's not gonna be what everyone is wanting. Ford wont play that game. They need a HUGE aftermarket selection for this new bronco since the stock parts probably wont cut it in real world trail riding.

You’ve stated that you’re “over the new Bronco” multiple times already... We get it, you don’t like it.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

For a guy that is already over the Bronco... you sure keep coming back to these Bronco threads to voice your opinion.

Just curious... what qualifies you as an expert on things you have no idea about? Have you driven either... seen either... do you know what powertrain options it has... do you know what the ground clearance is... do you know what tires will be optional... or are you reading things on the internet from some Jeep loyalists? How well do you think a Troller would hold up to 400 lb ft of torque? Do you understand locking diffs and locking transfer cases? Do you know anything about the off road modes? Why don't you back up what you say with facts? And... have you ever done any serious off roading?

Here is what I know... if you want a serious off road rig... you build it... you don't drive it off the showroom floor. Most people know that. I also know the Ford has spent a bunch of money developing this Bronco to go head to head with it's competitors. They are developing a Brand... not a Bronco. I don't believe we've seen much of what is coming in this revived nameplate.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I just keep coming back to see if anything worthy has been found about the new bronco. I never said I was an expert at anything but Ford has not proved their worth their salt lately. No one has seen or driven a bronco other than the people at ford from what I know of. I don't know what it's getting but from Ford's previous disappointments I would assume its gonna be an ecoboost v6 at best. Ground clearance will be stock obviously, tires will be all terrains and probably coopers or mastercrafts from the factory, the troller t4 is a diesel engine so HP is not that important. I haven't personally been in the new ranger while off roading but watched some videos that compared it's crawl modes to Toyotas and Toyota beat it. Didn't know this was gonna be a book report and I would have to site my facts, sorry professor. have I ever been off roading? yes, I've been hood deep in mud, up and down all sorts of hills and trails. Ever been to the trails in Wellsville, Ohio?

My issue with the new bronco is they are putting up a LOT of hype about it and from what I've seen I'm not impressed.... Shouldn't I be like "damn, that's cool as hell and I'd love to have one" but I'm more like "wow,,,,, looks like a jeep with a different grill and mall crawler features. way to go ford, way to be creative."

Aren't the jeep gladiator and wrangler designed to go off-roading straight from the dealership? Looks more capable than a stock ranger.... And I am FAR from a jeep fanatic. Only jeeps I consider a real jeep have straight 6 4.0 liters. Any jeep that ends with .7 (engine liters) is not a real jeep.

As for the banter, it's a forum, I will rant about whatever the heck I choose, that's why its a public forum, thanks forum moderator!

People just love to hate me and I'm ok with that lol.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
A -lot- of the people infected are showing no symptoms. That's why this has been so hard to slow down. Thinking you aren't sick isn't enough at the moment. Until we can get the reinfection rate down dramatically, this will continue to grow very quickly.
I got things to do. I cant sit around the house with a thumb up my ass.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals