• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Model cars

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So the old lady got me a 29 roadster model and the paint to match my car for when its done. One small major problem the kit came with a small block gernadvy.....

So who messed with Revell models and what came with a small block windsor so I can make it right.

Also I will need a 32 grill but I'm sure thats as easy as getting a 32 model a making a plastic or small peice of sheet metal hood.

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice!!! Yeah my dad's got a 32 dragster and it too was sacreligiosly sbc swapped. Honestly I think a flattop cammer would be cool too

Sharky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
search Ebay, you may get lucky

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I assume that's a 1/25 model. That was most common for Revell. The easiest thing might be to find a Ford Mustang (etc.) model with a Windsor V-8 and borrow that engine for the '29 model. AMT and Revell both had '32 Ford model kits, and Monogram might also have had one back when it was independent years ago.

For the engine swap either a 1/24 or 1/25 model will work. For transplanting a '32 radiator to the '29 model you want both to be the same scale. For model body parts the difference between 1/24 and 1/25 is just enough to be noticeable. So if your model is 1/25, get a 1/25 '32 radiator.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Man, I used to mess with models as a kid. Still would like to but presently don’t have a place to set up. Maybe if I get things cleaned up a little more I can make something work. Still have a pile of models either partially assembled or waiting. F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle, AH-64 Apache (x2), Bigfoot, USA1 monster truck and a Scud missile launcher are all partially done. PT-109, USS New Jersey are both pretty much complete and what is supposed to be a German tank destroyer from WWII is done.

Still have F-150 short box, ‘70 Super Bee, Shelby Mustang GT 350H, ‘70 Boss Mustang, ‘58 Impala, Viper GTS and I’m not sure what else

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I literally have a 99 Cobra SVT engine for a model car that I dropped after I had it all painted. I had it setting in the window to dry. When I grabbed it, it slipped out of my hand as I turned around to show it off. The motor is all I kept. Not a 351W, but it is a bad ass cobra engine/tranny

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
used to do those all the time when I was a kid. had over 25 of them.

AJ

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Couple of mine got destroyed or given away and a bunch were half completed. I think if I clean off the one shelf I can push the TV back and work on models in front of the TV…

was gonna try working on them at the gf’s but…

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
There's all sorts of websites where you can buy model car/ scale rc car parts that have been 3d printed or whatever else.

Shapeways.com comes to mind.

Fun fact, most model car vehicles sit perfectly on top of 1/24 scale rock crawler RC's

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I've got a few sitting in my hobby room. One is unfinished. Been that way for over a decade. about the time my first kid was born, somehow I ran out of free time. My second daughter is almost 7 now and can occupy her self long enough for me to tinker with things. I will definitely be looking at which one will be getting an RC frame. lol

( my Hobby Room is an oversized closet that has become a catchall and rarely gets used for hobbies )

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I used to build a lot as a teen, and then in my first couple of years as a Trooper I built model police cars and used Ohio State Highway Patrol markings on them to recreate a few patrol cars. One was a replica of the car I drove.

Plastic model kits just aren't as popular as they used to be. I like to kit bash. I took a Ford Ranger model kit and used parts from a Bigfoot monster truck kit once.

I feel like people moved to collecting diecast instead of building model kits.

I've built some cool models over the years though. Some I thought would be cool to recreate as an actual show car.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
I used to build a lot as a teen, and then in my first couple of years as a Trooper I built model police cars and used Ohio State Highway Patrol markings on them to recreate a few patrol cars. One was a replica of the car I drove.

Plastic model kits just aren't as popular as they used to be. I like to kit bash. I took a Ford Ranger model kit and used parts from a Bigfoot monster truck kit once.
The replica of the car you drove would be cool to see if you happened to take pictures.

I used to make sand rails from the racks that held the pieces.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
The replica of the car you drove would be cool to see if you happened to take pictures.

I used to make sand rails from the racks that held the pieces.
Don’t suppose you still have any or any pictures, I’d like to see these sand rails

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I’ve been working on and off on my plans for a house and I definitely want to work a hobby room into things. Probably going to end up in the basement, but I definitely want one. Something with some room so I can work on models cars and railroads and any other smaller projects that come up. Big projects will be done in the garage, which I have a general idea of how that will be. Just need a few hundred thousand bucks after I get the plans all worked out :icon_rofl:

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I’ve been working on and off on my plans for a house and I definitely want to work a hobby room into things. Probably going to end up in the basement, but I definitely want one. Something with some room so I can work on models cars and railroads and any other smaller projects that come up. Big projects will be done in the garage, which I have a general idea of how that will be. Just need a few hundred thousand bucks after I get the plans all worked out :icon_rofl:
If you ever do get to build a house and garage, I’d suggest you add an airline from the garage to the house into your plans... you never know when you’ll need air in the hobby room.

I came home from work one day and told my wife I bought another Explorer. (I already had 4 at the time.) I let her complain for a good 10-15 minutes before I showed it to her:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals