• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MO Knife law question

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I know in Arkansas you can carry a blade as big a you choose, my problem is i live 15miles from missouri so i am there a lot. For christmas i got a bowie knife that has a 8.5" blade and 14" overall length, clearly i don't carry this but i keep it tucked between the seats of my car. Is this legal in Missouri, i couldn't find a deffinate on fixed blades.

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They say that anything over 5" total length is not legal to carry. I was pulled over and I had a 7 inch total length knife in my car and the police let me keep it, saying that you can't conceal a knife that big but you can have it in your car, because you are just "transporting" it to another location (if you are asked).

That was about 5 years ago, but I haven't heard of anything changing.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
now i know not to keep my machete in my truck when i goto MO once in a while...

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
It's part of what sucks about living so close to missouri, Arkansas doesn't have hardly any laws and missouri is the opposite. and i live close to tennesee so i need to know their laws too but i don't think i will worry about them.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i live about a 3 hour drive from the bc/alberta border, about 4 hours from the alberta/sask border, about 13 hours from the alberta/nwt border, and about 4 hours from the alberta/montana border... i don't need to know SHIT!

not to mention weapons laws are all criminal, which means it's all the same across the country... with the exception of a few municipal bylaws, and officer's opinion laws

dhinch279

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Please notice that I said "conceal" a knife over 5" total length. As in, on your person. If you carry in your vehicle there is not any problem as far as I know. I do Conceal carry anyway... almost everyday. It's a Kershaw Blur Glassbreaker:

I have never had a problem and it is nearly 8 inches long (thats what she said). I don't feel that it is an issue unless you are being violent in some way. Then the police wouldn't care if you had nail clippers on you... they would take them.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Well i'm not worried about what I do (I have a perfect record, the only thing that would show up is a no proof of insurance ticket on a car that was insured) I have never had problems with the law. I am worried about the people like my brother that would call the cops and report some bullshit just to see someone have to deal with having their car searched and dealing with the police.

Like i said in arkansas you can walk into a bank with a broadsword if you wanted to and it would be legal, because a blade is not a weapon until used in a harmful manner. Gotta love this state (except the flipping weather).

wvranger90

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have been reading alot of laws mostly about open carry and i have learned that laws will tell you what is illegal but nothing about what is legal.they will tell you what you cannot carry but they will not tell you what you can.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well... yeah...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals