• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mixture control solenoid

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I loved that automated idle speed control motor thing when mine worked. Now I am back to the old re-start on a hot day, and it sits there and lopes till you press the pedal a little bit and it clears up. With that idle control motor, it did that for you. And the cold fast idle worked a lot smoother also. But it has a lot more power without that system on it. So I will take the good with the bad.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
If your running on the computer everything has to be correct or it will default into limp mode. It is easy to reset the computer with a jumper wire go to eec IV diagnostics. First you erase the memory then reset the computer to set values. A EEC-IV diagnostic tool can be purchased and make diagnostic alot easier. All of the components must be working or the computer will tell you to FO😁 The major components are the O2 senser, knock senser, vacuum solenoids, egr valve and feedback solenoid. The accelerator pump valve on the front of the carb needs to be working as well. The rats nest of vacuum lines diagram should be under the hood and can be overwhelming especially the vacuum purge system. Its the one that attaches to the helicopter pad on the top of the carb, it allows air in to close the EGR. I could wright a book on it but due to lack of parts I did the duraspark conversion.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals