• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Missing bolts

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
So this is good,
Lately my clutch has been making it hard to engage/disengage any gear going down the road. Look at the new (two years old) slave cylinder, and cant see any leakage or moisture around it. So my buddy and I decide to bleed the clutch.
After bleeding it, it shifted perfectly for about a week, then went to the same problem. So today we go to bleed it again and I notice some movement between the trans bell housing and engine block. We look at it and find three bolts are loose on the bell housing, so we tighten them.
We then realize that at least 3 bolts have FALLEN OUT of the bell housing. They were just gone. And the remaining bolts were loose as a goose. So we tightened the bolts that are left, and I really need to get some new bolts.

I was wondering if anyone can give me the thread size and length of these bolts?
Do they need to be shouldered bolts?
And How many bolts are there total connecting the bell housing to the block?
Thanks guys

sdjr

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 cubic inches
Transmission
Manual
take one out, and take it to the hardware store. Don't drive the truck. LOL

kenwheeler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
6 total (8 if you count the stater bolts), 2 side by side on top, 1 on each side about 1/2 way down from the top and 1 on each side about 3/4 of the way down from the top. None on the bottom. That's an 87 with a 5 speed but I think the bolt patterns and number of bolts are the same or pretty close.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals