• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Missin' my Ranger

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Soooo... I'm starting to miss having a Ranger my first 2 vehicles were Rangers and I got rid of my last one for a 91 Explorer because it was just the right thing to do at the time. Now with my gf looking for a first car it looks more and more like it's going to be a Ranger and it's kind of making me jealous. I don't know if I should look to trade my Explorer for one or not, I haven't really seen and first gen Explorers I like the look of lifted =/

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Looks on explorerforums. I'm sure you'll find many.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Your rims are ugly for that year. Wheels tires a small lift some interior mods... Interior can be done for cheap.

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've looked there a bit but nothing beats the look of a third gen ranger lol. I have a set of American Racing 15x8s with some 33x12.5s in the basement, some shackles and coil spacers, but if I lift I want more. What kind of interior mods are you talking, I'd love to do a message center install from a second gen.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yes I like 98 and around look. Maybe find that gen but with coils so it's easier to lift? Non torsion bar one? I know I wish I was coils... Just need like 2 inches heh...

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Btw my torsion bar bolt is stuck that's why, mild lift would be fine on it I just don't like torsions....

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah if I got another Ranger id was 95-97 4x4 5 speed. But for now I guess ill just hold on to this, and look more at small mods for it. My grandfather doesn't understand why I want to do all of this to a first year explorer eddie bauer haha but he has a first year f150 eddie bauer so that's probably why he wants me to keep mine stock lol but I saw a write up for a message center on explorer forum but it was literally just a wiring chart, is it really that hard to do?

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Message center? I just know about visors, overhead console, auto dim mirror and power seats. Are you talking about the message center like, center console mpg meter and such? Probably have to ask someone explorer specific. Id assume it would need to be hooked to specific sensors like my over head console requires the temp sensor from front of radiator on expo I took it off of.

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, thats the one that im talking about, i might get and overhead console too, maybe i can make the explorer so i want to keep it hahaha

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I mean I got my pretty much complete interior for 150 and then went back for center console for 35. I got it from a 98 mountaineer all parts. I got the non arm rest center consol so there's no foot room in middle which I disnt care for anyways. Any questions about fitting seats and such just measure or go off same year as yours.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have to get 2 new rims as mine has like 2 heavy weights on them. Guy who balanced said there's too much damage on them. Gotta getem before weights make an ugly dent in my new 206 dollar tire...

juggalomania92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
damn, that sucks but hopefully you get it on time. for a while i was looking at 2wd but after this past RI winter no way will i do that lol

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya I fixed my 4wd just in time. 2wd I just spin out. I drove sideways down my street on purpose one day. It was fun.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Easiest mod you could do would be going disc brakes as no modding needed and get one with an LSD 3.73 gears. If you care to.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals