• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Microsoft Zune software

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know of any other software aside from the stuff that comes with the Zune to put music on it? My computer at home is right on the border of being too small for it, and it seems to take a marathon effort every time I want to put more music on it to get the software to work again, I am really getting tired of it.

Right now after I install it it works for the first time, then after I shutdown for the night and turn the computer on the next day when I open it the window is all broken up and everything is illegable (but I can still select the squibbles though) So I have to delete the program, and it won't let me reinstall it for some reason unless I restore my computer, then you have to go thru all the update crap again that has came out since the computer was made 5 years ago and then it might work again for that day. I know my video card is too small, but it still works for the one day so I don't know how big of a problem it is, the rest of the machine is just big enough. I just want something easier and less complex without buying a new computer (which works fine otherwise)

michowski

Reaction score
I dont use software for anything. None for my psp, satellite radio, ipods (dont have a crappod but have done it this way), ect. I just plug it in manually and then copy and paste as needed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont use software for anything. None for my psp, satellite radio, ipods (dont have a crappod but have done it this way), ect. I just plug it in manually and then copy and paste as needed.
I tried that and the thing doesn't even show up under "My Computer" in the Windows Explore window. I don't know if there is a cheat or something to make that happen or what, because that would be great.

It is a Zune30 if that matters at all.

michowski

Reaction score
problem is its from microsoft lol. Sry to say it but your stuck with a microsoft product and you have to run the microsoft software for it. If it doesnt show up under my computer plugged in usb then you need there software. Doubt theres any after market software since most people do it the way I do.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it is more of a problem with my old computer than the actual software itself. I love the Zune, but it is a pain to put stuff on. My brother got one and it works perfect, but his computer is 3 years newer than mine and quite abit bigger.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I think it is more of a problem with my old computer than the actual software itself. I love the Zune, but it is a pain to put stuff on. My brother got one and it works perfect, but his computer is 3 years newer than mine and quite abit bigger.
Yeah it sounds like a computer problem.

kaskirov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
did you manage to put music on the device (zune)? or can you not connect to it?

if your computer is old then it is possible that you don't have high speed USB ports. i got that problem on my computer, but i get a message about it when i connect it.

as for other software; i'm not sure, but maybe try windows media player. i know it has an option (click the sync one) for it. seeing that the program and the player are microsoft it would make sense if they worked but....

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
did you manage to put music on the device (zune)? or can you not connect to it?

if your computer is old then it is possible that you don't have high speed USB ports. i got that problem on my computer, but i get a message about it when i connect it.

as for other software; i'm not sure, but maybe try windows media player. i know it has an option (click the sync one) for it. seeing that the program and the player are microsoft it would make sense if they worked but....
I got the USB ports (even got two on the front), it might be old but not that old.

I completely restored my computer and spent three days reinstalling all the updates and I got it to work for the moment. I have noticed in the past that as soon as I shut my computer off it ceases to work, so I have left it running. Kind of annoying when it is 3' from my bed and decides to have a crunching fit in the middle of the night but by god my zune program still works a week later.:icon_thumby:

I did try it through media player and of course that wouldn't work, that would be way too easy.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
No, you don't understand.

There is more than one kind of USB port.

You can buy expansion cards with USB2.0.

If you already have USB2.0 ports, everything else in the circuit (e.g., hubs) also has to be USB2.0 or it will run at low speed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No, you don't understand.

There is more than one kind of USB port.

You can buy expansion cards with USB2.0.

If you already have USB2.0 ports, everything else in the circuit (e.g., hubs) also has to be USB2.0 or it will run at low speed.
It works.:dntknw:

Before I couldn't even get to the point of where I plug the Zune in, the USB was never an issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals