• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mexican Quad Cab importable?

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I have seen two of these 4 door rangers here in Utah, one two wheel drive and charcoal in color, the other 4wd and white, both registered, i guess there must be a way somehow......

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
every time this tread is brought up the normal saying is "it won't pass eminsions"
it would be great thought
It really pisses me off that Europe has all these cool cars, and here in America we will *never* see such awesomeness.:temper:

For example, I am in the market for a all electric car, I don't need no hybrid B.S. why so few choices, I want a pure electric, why can't I find somthing other than a "sports car" like T zero?:no2:

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Just bringing back an old post here, but looking further into importing a 4 door ranger into alberta, the only issue I have ran across here because it does not comply with safety standards is that it has to be 15 yrs old or older. So it is doable. but do 93' and older 4dr rangers exist?

-andrew

TowguyPLAT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I think it should be able to come even if you have to pull the engine. most vehicles coming from japan come without engines as for the emissions crap but i think they are the same engines and you could just do a computer swap but i'm not sure, as for the a pillar, name me one import that meets our safety standards without being built for our country so just fill out the paperwork before you spend your money on a truck you might not get up here

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, we could find it a job working in a mexican restraunt somewhere or laying sod for a landscaping company. It could live in a small one bedroom apartment with 15 other illegal rangers. :taunt:

Not in Arizona! Arizona has been cracking down on illegal immigration by focusing on stricter business hiring. This seems to be sending a lot of illegals back to Mexico.

What is the cost of a 4 door ranger in Mexico, using the US dollar?

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
i just saw one down here last week in san diego. it had a roofrack and grille guard and what not. looked like a yuppie owned it.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Fully loaded 4 door comes in around 21k, or 235,000 peso's. I'm trying to figure out spanish so I can read the specs.....lol:annoyed: As far as I can read, they only come with a 2.3 gasser....and 4.56 gears!

-andrew

Last edited:

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Fully loaded 4 door comes in around 21k, or 235,000 peso's. I'm trying to figure out spanish so I can read the specs.....lol:annoyed: As far as I can read, they only come with a 2.3 gasser....and 4.56 gears!

-andrew
They do not want to compete with the sport trac in the US. That model starts at 25k which is a popular model.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
'SORV' Severe Off Road Vehicle......DAMN!

Damn import rangers are way cooler than the domestic versions....here's a few things from the spec list:

The Ford Ranger SORV is available in three variants, double cabin 2.5L TDi 4x4 MT XLT, double cabin 2.5L TDi 4x4 MT XLT-STD, and double cabin 2.9L NA 4x4 MT Base. This heavy-duty pick-up also offers two options of diesel engine, the diesel 2.9L naturally aspirated and 2.5L turbo diesel intercooler, which is the most powerful diesel engine in the 2.5L class.

The new Ranger SORV comes with a variety of heavy-duty features. The first feature is heavy-duty suspension kit that has a role in strengthening the under carriage area, usually known as feet. The suspension system is a crucial element in supporting the vehicle’s performance during operation in severe terrain. This heavy-duty suspension kit consists of heavy-duty shock absorbers, a heavy-duty torsion bar, heavy-duty lower arms, heavy-duty leaf springs, a heavy-duty urethane bush kit, and a heavy-duty mount kit.

Others heavy-duty features that support the Ford Ranger SORV’s tough performance are the heavy-duty rubber boot, which is the enrichment of the standard rubber boot and is one of the vital components suitable for heavy-duty application pick-ups. Also, it has a heavy-duty brake pad feature made of material that has experienced a longer heat-treatment process, resulting in a stronger and a more durable brake pad component. The vehicle also offers an extension breather, which is utilized to ensure the oil pressure can still be perfectly released, thus, avoiding further problems due to the oil pressure hole being blocked by dirt or mud during operations in off-road terrain.

The Ford Ranger SORV is fitted with a snorkel feature that is able to increase the pick-up’s capability and safety to be driven in areas with high water level, and is also equipped by a pre-filter feature that is able to filter the air by separating dust particles contained in the absorbed air. This pre-filter feature can create a more durable air-filter component and a perfect combustion process.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i was talking to a ford sale rep and he said after the 2009 model the ranger is going to be redone and come back as a crew cab here in north america

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Not in Arizona! Arizona has been cracking down on illegal immigration by focusing on stricter business hiring. This seems to be sending a lot of illegals back to Mexico.

Very sexy. :drool:. Wish I had a 4-door. I've been looking at the Colorado 4-door. :nono: Ya, I know, shame on me.

30coupe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't want the four doors, but I sure would like that 2.5L turbo diesel!

broken2wd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that four door ranger in the pic isn't mexican, its Australian. you can tell cause it says queensland on the front plate. the aussi ranger gets a awesome 3.0 turbo diesel. thats the one i want.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Here's some useful info I found about registering imported vehicles: Clicky Keep in mind, these are Connecticut laws only and your own state laws may be different. I found this info on the CT DMV website, so you can check you own state's DMV website and it'll probably have the same info.

Mels2ndRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Mazda
Ch
Transmission
Automatic
Another thing ..Aussies and Europeans have had the Mazda Bravo, Ford Courier and BT50 for a while.. I have a Ford and Mazda now. The Mazda will be offering the 2.5...I assume Ford wil be here too..here is a pic

Quite a work horse that is what the Mazda Bravo is. If a versatile pick up is on your mind then the Mazda Bravo is worth taking a look at. The Mazda 6 comes with a 4.0 litre 12 valve V6 petrol engine and a 5 speed manual or automatic transmission. The Mazda Bravo come is a two door standard cab as well as a dual cab for those who want more room. The rear bed also comes in a variety of options from the standard bed to a utility bed with double wall construction and interior and exterior rope hooks. As one would expect, the Mazda Bravo comes in 2 and 4-wheel drive models.

The interior as all the amenities, from air-conditioning, tilt wheel and a 4 speaker AM/FM digital tuner with single CD player. The cloth seats are designed to be comfortable, adjustable and made to handle hard work. There is also considerable storage space, from the center console to the rear under-floor storage bins and rear door storage bins. There is an auxiliary 12 volt power outlet to run a variety of add-ons.

The Mazda Bravo's limited slip differential in conjunction with the four-wheel drive will take you nearly anywhere you need to go on or off road. It also comes with an anti-theft alarm, remote locking doors with an engine immobilizer. The suspension system makes for a smooth ride without detracting from the handling or stability. Power steering is standard and load sensing brakes that adjust depending on the load that you're carrying. In the event of an accident there are side impact bars, a collapsible steering column and height adjustable head restraints as well as duel SRS airbags. So if you're looking for a truck that not only delivers the goods but can handle a trip out with your mates, the Mazda Bravo is the all around work horse you need.

Current model series include:

Mazda Bravo V6
For anymore information on the Mazda Bravo, or for that matter any other new car, contact one of our friendly consultants on 1300 303 181. If you'd like some fleet discount pricing (yes even for private buyers!), we can submit vehicle quotes requests out to our national network of Mazda dealers and come back with pricing within 24 hours. Private Fleet - car buying made easy!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals