• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

message from ammo maker.....

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
NH and Vt have some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country and we're among the lowest in violent crime. If making guns illegal could stop alleged "gun violence", maybe we should make Heroin illegal and end the "opioid epidemic". Oh wait, heroin is already illegal. There is no such thing as "gun violence", a person has to pull the trigger. Covid was an epidemic in China before they allowed people to fly all over the world to spread it into a pandemic, opioid addiction is the result of either bad choices or over prescribing.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Or say things like this

Or not get out in front of the media and say things like "We are going to tax your guns" "We are going to take your guns" "We are going to place limits on how many guns and how much ammo you can buy" "We are going to put background checks on ammo". Those are the things that drive the panic buying. They are also talking points that I have either heard or read from politicians since Las Vegas.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yeah, Eric Holder, the guy who for all intents and purposes sold AK-47s to drug cartels...many of which were never recovered and which also resulted in the death of a border patrol agent.

If that's not Democrat enough for ya, I'll raise you the fake Mexican - Robert Francis O'Rourke - "Hell yes we'll take your AR-15!" - Biden's prospective "gun czar"

And if that's still not enough, Diane Feinstein carries a 357 but says if she got the chance to say "turn 'em in, Mr. and Mrs America" she would do it

Then the recent ATF raid on Polymer80... focusing on a product that they declared legal and then changed their mind, without any oversight from Congress right before a Democrat takes office... is this clear yet?

I guess I'm just bitterly clinging.

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Sometime between July 2011 and July 2015, car/truck/marine batteries increased in price by 50-60%, and word on the gun boards was this was due to Obama/EPA actions against domestic lead smelters, which also caused the perma-increase in ammo prices.

And while interwebz conspiracy theories about for-profit ammo mfrs deliberately sandbagging their own output, and/or stashing their output in "secret warehouses" to drive up prices (whilst, presumably, their competitors do NOT rush in and snatch their market share) are simply not credible, you have to consider the very plausible scenario of:

... some uber-Lefty-scum billionaire (Soros, Bloomberg, Zuckerberg, etc.) covertly buying one or more of the big distributors, and quietly shitcanning tons of ammo, "for duh greater good"... :mad:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Sometime between July 2011 and July 2015, car/truck/marine batteries increased in price by 50-60%, and word on the gun boards was this was due to Obama/EPA actions against domestic lead smelters, which also caused the perma-increase in ammo prices.

And while interwebz conspiracy theories about for-profit ammo mfrs deliberately sandbagging their own output, and/or stashing their output in "secret warehouses" to drive up prices (whilst, presumably, their competitors do NOT rush in and snatch their market share) are simply not credible, you have to consider the very plausible scenario of:

... some uber-Lefty-scum billionaire (Soros, Bloomberg, Zuckerberg, etc.) covertly buying one or more of the big distributors, and quietly shitcanning tons of ammo, "for duh greater good"... :mad:
Isn't it easier to just say bigfoot stole all the ammo? I mean if we're gonna start divulge into weird conspiracies lets at least keep it simple.:dunno:

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Wife and I went out for a ride last week to find some sugar beets to feed our "girls." Stopped at corner gas station out in the hinter lands. Inside was like a small arsenal with more ammo in one spot than I had seen in quite some time. All the usual shotgun ammo plus 5.56, 380, 7.62 and more. I ended up with a small supply of 380 and 357.

And five bags of sugar beets.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I've been pretty lucky finding ammo at the grocery store.

800px_COLOURBOX4823134.jpg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Wife and I went out for a ride last week to find some sugar beets to feed our "girls." Stopped at corner gas station out in the hinter lands. Inside was like a small arsenal with more ammo in one spot than I had seen in quite some time. All the usual shotgun ammo plus 5.56, 380, 7.62 and more. I ended up with a small supply of 380 and 357.

And five bags of sugar beets.
Seems like the current deer baiting ban didn't slow many retailers down from selling the stuff. When I was there over Thanksgiving week... lots of places had corn, beets, apples and/or carrots. Not like in the hay day.... but it was certainly available almost everywhere..

I also noticed a dwindled deer heard in the area we were... I think with all the closures and people going broke during the Covid lockdowns... locals spent a good portion of their time filling their freezers with venison.

The only ammo I noticed was a sporting goods store that had minimal rifle cartridges... some duck and goose loads and some sandwich bags which appears to have about 50 22LR shells in each bag. I didn't even ask how much.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Deer baiting is illegal here and I buy sugar beets and feed corn all the time. I don't hunt I just like to feed the deer and rabbits. :dunno:

I like rabbits. I likes to pet them. They are soft. I wanna have lots of rabbits I do.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Baiting is illegal in PA, local hardware store sells salt licks and bait blocks. 🤷‍♂️

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
Baiting is illegal in NH, too, but feeding deer is OK. I'm not sure how to tell the difference. I often have deer on my lawn and shit-everywhere wild turkeys even more often. Several neighbors hunt but hunting in NH is less prevalent than it used to be so we have deer close to houses. Deer in the yard means ticks in the yard means Lyme disease.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
You need more chickens.
My cousin and her husband live down the hill and they own Guinee hens because they eat ticks. They gave me some of the eggs to try, they're small so you need to have an extra one, you almost need a mallet to crack them, and the whites are kind of rubbery.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Baiting is illegal in PA, local hardware store sells salt licks and bait blocks. 🤷‍♂️
You use them to kind of alter their routine so they go where you want them to. Can also plant food plots which is like a big buffet so they like to wonder around in front of your stand.

They all have to be removed before you can hunt though. Kind of a maintenance thing throughout the year, also have minerals and whatnot to help antler growth.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Deer baiting is illegal here and I buy sugar beets and feed corn all the time. I don't hunt I just like to feed the deer and rabbits. :dunno:

I like rabbits. I likes to pet them. They are soft. I wanna have lots of rabbits I do.
In Michigan it really isn't about hunting a bait pile... even placing bait just to view deer is illegal. It's about maintaining a correct deer heard without supplementing the deer's natural food source. It's natures way of not overpopulating the herd. It also has to do with the transmission of disease. Muzzle to muzzle contact of bovine quickly spreads disease.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals