• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Merry meet everyone!

Lynx_Gen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, new member here.

Not realy a stranger at all to fords or rangers.

Was helping ht inlaw look for anew truck the other day (He just bought a 2000 f250) but he mentioned maybe getting a lil rnager for his youngest daughter and newest driver.

Got looking online and next thing i know, I was the one buying a lil ranger.

so, after much running around etc, (we went from 4 vehicles to one, (see above post regarding a new female driver.. and the ecu went out on my 91 dakota again)) I ended up buying a 95.

reg cab, long or reg box, 2.3, manual, 2wd, white.

now the plan i have for her is simple..

I happen to have a 2.3T engine, harness, puter etc.. you can see where this is going..

at any rate, due to weather and multiple complications, i still havent got the truck home yet.

I plan to drive it for a bit, prolly throughout the summer, which should get me my money back outta it.

for 325$ i couldnt pass it up, and all she needs, so far as i know/can tell, is a clutch slave cylinder, or at least a leak fixed, i doubt its a line, and pretty confident its the cylinder.

no idea on the condition of the rest of drivetrain, supsension, brakes etc etc so who knows.

Ulitmately, the cab isnt rusted out, and beyond tht, i work with everything else.

My intenet is to make a lil play toy outta her, use it for autocross etc, and make a nice pretty lil show truck.. ultimately, i just wanted something different to play with, and a place easy to plant the turbo engine into..

very likely it will receive a slight drop, maybe a multi-link rear susp.. been looking around the net, found some nice body kits etc etc

anyways, thats where i stand at for now, and where i hope to go.

I've ended up at te ranger station a few times over the years, but guess now i own one, its time to join!

I have several other vehicles to boot, but his is gona be the simplest of projects..

82 AMC eagle wagon 4x4
86 merkur xr4ti,black auto
85 merkur xr4ti red manual <--- source of the 2.3T on a stand in my garage
86 nissan 200sx notch
91 Dakota sport 318
97 Tahoe 5.7L

350 yamaha warrior, a couple Dingo go-karts etc,

and the gods only know what else kicking around!!

anyways, see ya all around!

~L~

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey Lynx, welcome to TRS.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals